The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAR TAX EQUITALIA ETC

+3
modicasa
ghiro
Dembrandt
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

CAR TAX EQUITALIA ETC - Page 2 Empty CAR TAX EQUITALIA ETC

Post by Dembrandt Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

Does any one else have issues with the car tax? I suddenly got a huge bill from Equitalia - no details of which car (we had 3), apparently for a car tax from almost 7 years ago! 
We were very fastidious in paying all bills when we lived there. I do not understand why it seems the original bill for 2009 was never sent, nor was any reminder and suddenly I am hit with basically a 100% increase on the original sum. No details are mentioned or car plate numbers etc. I have not had this with any thing else. Any one know more about this, it is a mystery to me. I seemd to pay so much car tax when living there but find few traces in my statements. Surely after 7 years they are no longer able to request a bill. What is the statute of limitations in italy for invoices, any one know? Does this comply with EU law? Thanks for any helpful info.

Dembrandt
Contributor

Back to top Go down

CAR TAX EQUITALIA ETC - Page 2 Empty Re: CAR TAX EQUITALIA ETC

Post by Geotherm Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:47 pm

You don't need to crush the grapes V, they are already in the bottle Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Dembrant: We pay most of our bills at the Tabacchi and can check them online, so not a problem.

If anyone wants to check payments for their bollo, they can do from here, but it only covers a few regions, as Italy has not really got its act together and computer technology is very limited in many ways.

http://www.calcolaonline.com/controllo-del-pagamento-bollo.htm?ref:iaconet
Geotherm
Geotherm

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:51 pm

There is a lot of additional information on this thread which has little to do with the real issue.
After careful consideration, the fact is that you owed the 2009 car bollo. Whether you received a notification or not, is irrelevant to the Italian Public Service. The way they interpret the law is that, whether we are notified or not, the bollo is due and it is up to us to keep payments up to date. You have not received further notifications (not unusual or surprising) but then, Equitalia managed to send you a final notice, including a heavy fine.
You have no options, but to pay, so the only thing to do is to get your credit card, the Equitalia bill, your Codice Fiscale and get into the Equitalia payment sie (which I already mentioned, but here you go) https://www.equitaliaservizi.it/was/Pagamenti/FormCartelleAvvisiWeb.action
You can read before the FAQ section, where there are lots of explanations.
Sorry, but to try to get out of this at this stage is hopeless.
Whether you left the country or not in 2013 and got it registered in another country is of no relevance to the Italian authorities.
It is sad that you had to go through all this, but it is obvious that the Italian Public Service is not there to "serve" anyone, on the contrary, we are at THEIR service.
Sorry...
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dembrandt Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:13 pm

Gala Placidia wrote:Equivalía acepta payments on línea https://www.equitaliaservizi.it/was/Pagamenti/FormCartelleAvvisiWeb.action

Hi, unfortunately this web site seems to have a problem and will not accept my payment (nothing wrong with card). (In the meantime it's gone up). Have you used this online method with any success? Trying to pay the car tax originally online to the local regione usually didn't work either - but I was in Italy then and could use alternatives. Any hints?

Dembrandt
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:25 pm

Is it an Italian card? Many Italian sites will only accept a credit card issued in Italy.

If you have online banking for your Italian account you can usually make the payment via that to Equitalia.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dembrandt Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:28 pm

Admin wrote:Is it an Italian card? Many Italian sites will only accept a credit card issued in Italy.If you have online banking for your Italian account you can usually make the payment via that to Equitalia.

No it is not an Italian card. I need to pay it from abroad. Yet each time it connects to my bank, changes language and then finally says it did not go through.

Dembrandt
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:41 pm

I do not have any personal experience with Equitalia, but Admin may be right about the non-Italian card... You could also do a bank transfer. Here are the instructions for payments from overseas https://www.gruppoequitalia.it/equitalia/opencms/it/imprese/Pagamenti/PagamentiDallEsteroImprese/
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dembrandt Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:52 pm

Thanks for your help.

Dembrandt
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content