The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glitches and thanks

+6
Geotherm
stevegwmonkseaton
ghiro
DarcyDog
Flip
Admin
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Glitches and thanks - Page 2 Empty Glitches and thanks

Post by Admin Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

OK, the thanks button - I haven't found any way to make it available for every post and it would seem from the Forumotion help forum that it just doesn't work that way. Best thing to do it vote I think. Basically only the original poster can thank and once they have done it once that is it. I bit pointless I think but there you go. If I manage to find anything that allows me to change it in anyway I will. A thanked post now turns pink.

The settings for whether you can delete or edit your own posts is set by forum so if anyone can't do it, please PM me with the name of the board / forum and I will check the settings. They should all be the same (ie you can all delete and edit your posts) but I may have missed one.

Lastly, all moderators can moderate ANY board / forum unless there is a designated moderator. This means they can delete posts too. I have changed the settings so that Moderators can moderate the photo albums so if anyone has any problem deleting things, ask a Mod.

Hold onto your hats as I am going to move us back to version 3 as Forumotion have alledgedly fixed the Mac compatibility problems. If anyone gets a problem after I have done it please shout.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glitches and thanks - Page 2 Empty Re: Glitches and thanks

Post by Admin Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:32 pm

OK - I have made a temporary fix to the Quote button which seems to work. Hopefully the icons on the text editor should be a bit bigger (including emoticons) too.

The old thanks button and pink background are long gone Relaxed and have been replaced by the Thanks under your avatar when you post.

There do appear to be problems with the new text editor on IE 7 and IE8 and Windows XP. These are all old versions of Internet Explorer and Windows. The recommendation from Forumotion is either move to the latest version, or if you can't because you are on XP, try another browser. It seems to work fine on Chrome and the latest Firefox.

For those of you with a technical inclination, this forum uses PHPBB3 but not the generic version. It is tailored by Forumotion which means there are some things I can change and others I can't. It also means that even if you see elsewhere that PHPBB3 is able to do something it doesn't mean that we can on Forumotion. I think (having been in the IT world a very long time) it does a pretty good job of giving forum admins a lot of flexibility but still making it possible to support it centrally. It allows me to add Javascript (as if I had the time!!) and CSS which is not too shabby. I will get round to the CSS at some point but there are not enough hours in the day to start 'fixing' things in Java!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:58 pm

Again, very many thanks for your IT help Penny.

IMHO PHP33B has always been a bugger to deal with! Very Happy Very Happy
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum