Form EO1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Form EO1

Post by Angela Fuller on Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:37 am

Please can anyone confirm if an EO1 entitles you to free treatment (blood tests, ECG's etc) or is it just the consultancy fee you do not have to pay...Many thx.
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Re: Form EO1

Post by Angela Fuller on Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:00 am

I think Ihe free tests etc are only available for people with chronic conditions....exp....on medications for life for conditions like RA, Cancer, Thyroid issues, Diabetes etc...May be wrong ?
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazy on Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:35 am

I got my E01 with no chronic conditions - all medications (apart from a tiny fee), blood tests and consultations are usually free.

Hazy
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller on Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:54 am

Yes Hazy the form EO1 is available to anyone over 65yrs and with an income of no more than 30,000 euros or thereabouts.  My question is having got your EO1 what does it entitle you to...I know free consultations but why do some pay for tests and some don't.  Maybe the 'chronic' illness thing is the reason...?  Or maybe the area you live in ?
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazy on Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:25 am

I have had a brain scan, Doppler scan, blood tests etc all at no cost so who knows what the parameters are and if they are based on location? The obvious and sensible thing to do is ask your local health service provider or your doctor - whichever is easier.

Hazy
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller on Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:32 am

Yes, that is fairly obvious Hazy.  I was just hoping for a simple answer to a simple question and a reason as to why some people pay and some do not when they have an EO1. Not sure now about the location thing as a friend in Sarnano doesn't pay, has an EO1 but has what the medics would call a chronic illness...Will ask the right people and let you know the answer.
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazy on Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:58 am

It seems not to be a simple question though - as I said the only people to give you the correct answer for your area are those in charge rather than your getting different stories from the general populace. Good luck!

Hazy
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicino on Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:49 am

I believe the income amount is nearer €36,000 and it is FAMILY related, not individual, so, my understanding is that if you and your OH have an income of €19,000 EACH, this would take you over the allowance level.

I'm not sure on whether the amount is age related or not.

V
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller on Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:08 am

Yes, you are right V, the income is 36,000 per household, we wish we did have that sort of income....My question was, in a nutshell why do some people with this EO1 form pay for medical tests and some do not, there must be a reason. Those that don't pay don't ask why (sensible) and nobody that does pay has asked why they are being charged.  Hopefully I will get down to the bottom of it....Does Admin know I wonder......?
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:23 am

The only conditions for an E01 is that you are either under 6 or over 65 and have a family income under 36.151,98 eur.

As I understand it you don't pay for consultant's fees or hospital procedure fees. Not all things prescribed are on the SSN list so prescriptions will depend.

If your husband has an ongoing medical condition then he should have a different exemption form. Also, make sure on the red 'ricetta' the doctor gives you that the exemption code E01 is inserted as without this you will be charged. My understanding is you can only be covered by this form if you are also over 65.

If your friends get different exemptions it is either due to them having an ongoing medical condition or their doctor interpreting the exemptions differently but actually the rules are very clear and the same for the whole of Marche. See here
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller on Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:31 pm

Thank you Admin....Our fistful of red 'ricetta' forms do not have the exemption code EO1  on them and the appts that have been made all have a fee of over 50 euros each...Back to the Drs tomorrow to try to rectify this....Many thanks for your advice and help sorting the matter out, much appreciated.
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicino on Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:56 pm

I need to start checking !!

Also, are there any 'rules' on dental work ? (never mind the interpretation bit !)

V
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:16 pm

Not really. I found this
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicino on Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:42 am

As always A, superb stuff !!  

I do see quite a few of the older chaps (not so much with the chap'esses ?) with just a single tooth on show when they smile ! Maybe a reason why they mainly eat pasta !

Thanks,

V
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top