The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Italian Citizenship

3 posters

Go down

Italian Citizenship Empty Italian Citizenship

Post by Admin Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:03 am

I jus wnted to let you know about a new FB group, run by the British in Italy campaign group, dedicated to obtaining Italian Citizenship. I thought it might be of interest to those who are considering this step or maybe those of you who have already started or completed the process migth be willing to share your knowledge.

This is the link to the group for citizenship and below is the British in Italy group

British in Italy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Italian Citizenship Empty Italian citizenship

Post by casa del campanile Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:51 pm

Obtaining Italian Citizenship via the “Jure Sanguines” procedure

We have been residing in Europe part-time since 1974, the last 15 years  in Italy. As my wife has dual citizenship, US and an EU country, we have not had to deal with the 90 day EU restriction for non-EU citizens. Approximately 10 years ago we decided I should apply for Italian citizenship through the “Jure Sanguines” procedure for various reasons. We located all of the necessary documents, had everything translated, etc., and made application to a US based Italian Consulate. I was interviewed and paid the necessary fees. The Consulate contacted me a few times over several years asking for more documents. We decided at one point to forget it and I stopped responding to the Consulate’s correspondence for several years.
Several months ago I received a registered letter from the Consulate stating that they only needed two more documents to complete the application. One was my grandfather’s “original birth certificate” and the other was for another copy of some other document. Since we had decided to forego ever returning to Italy, I answered thusly; 

“Dear ……., you of all people should know that entities do not provide “original birth certificates” as there is only one “original” which is why only copies are provided, which, incidently, I sent to you in 2010. The …… document was sent to you in full translation in 2014 for the second time. 
So, why don’t you look someplace where the “sun don’t shine” and you might get lucky and find something.”

Two weeks later I received another registered letter from the Consulate congratulating me for being awarded Italian Citizenship along with a form to submit for my Italian EU Passport.

What a country!!!

Casa del Campanile
casa del campanile
casa del campanile
Elder

Back to top Go down

Italian Citizenship Empty Re: Italian Citizenship

Post by Geotherm Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:02 pm

Love it..... Maybe some where. a brain cell activated after a plate of pasta and a sleep.
Geotherm
Geotherm

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down

Italian Citizenship Empty Re: Italian Citizenship

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down