The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lajatico

+3
la alma
Miss Demeanor
L'uomodellaluna
7 posters

Go down

Lajatico Empty Lajatico

Post by L'uomodellaluna Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:08 pm

We are in San Gimignano at the time of the Bocelli concert at Lajatico.

Not a confident Italian speaker on the telephone.

Does anyone know:
1  are there any tickets left
2  how do we get hold of them - the website is not very clear.
3  I understand that you have to park off site and use shuttle buses to get to the arena. Where is the car park?

Many thanks for any info.
L'uomodellaluna
L'uomodellaluna
Elder

Back to top Go down

Lajatico Empty Re: Lajatico

Post by Miss Demeanor Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:09 pm

Neil, - in inglese.

http://www.viagogo.co.uk/Arts-and-Theatre-Tickets/Classical/Andrea-Bocelli-Tickets/E-512186
Miss Demeanor
Miss Demeanor

Back to top Go down

Post by L'uomodellaluna Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:43 pm

Grazie Miss D.

Now I'll have to see if we can afford it!

Anyone answer question 3?

Ta
L'uomodellaluna
L'uomodellaluna
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Demeanor Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:47 pm

I dunno Neil, but don't fret, 'cus one thing I do know is that it will be clearly marked.  Lemme see if I can fnd out more.
Miss Demeanor
Miss Demeanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Demeanor Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:53 pm

Oh you gotta go - have you seen who is also there??

Primi ospiti confermati che si alterneranno sul palco insieme al Maestro Andrea Bocelli: Pino Daniele, Riccardo Cocciante, la violinista Anastasiya (!) Petrishak e il baritono Alessandro Luongo e il ballerino, mimo e regista britannico Lindsay Kemp. Dirigerà l’orchestra il Maestro Marcello Rota.
Miss Demeanor
Miss Demeanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Demeanor Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:58 pm

Here ya go - seems expensive if you use them to get you there, but the directions and info on how/where to park are contained within the link.

http://www.ariannandfriends.com/transfer-teatro-del-silenzio.htm

If you drive a car from Pisa take the freeway FI-PI-LI in the direction of Florence. If you drive from Florence take the freeway FI-PI-LI in the direction of Pisa. In any case get to the exit Pontedera. Here follow the signs to Volterra. After about 23 kms you reach the small village La Sterza where the concert organization is arranging a huge parking area. From La Sterza you can take a shuttle service to the theater and back. It is advisable to get to the parking area at least a couple of hours in advance due to highly possible congestion problems on the road to Lajatico.
Miss Demeanor
Miss Demeanor

Back to top Go down

Post by L'uomodellaluna Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:08 pm

You know, you used to get this sort of service on another website, once upon a time.

Ta! again!

(was that too many !!!s ?)
L'uomodellaluna
L'uomodellaluna
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Demeanor Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:12 pm

Yeah and it was usually me who gave that service if it was music related!!!  (who does !!! remind you of?)affraid
Miss Demeanor
Miss Demeanor

Back to top Go down

Lajatico Empty lajatico

Post by la alma Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:19 pm

Parking is about 3km from the theatre. The buy and sell sites have tickets at inflated prices. Arianna has sold out of concert tickets but may have rehearsal tickets left for the night before as they have only recently been released. Although their transfers are not cheap, to get a ticket and transfer from them could work out cheaper than just a ticket from sites such as viagogo. You dont have to book accommodation through them. Good luck!

la alma
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by la alma Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:45 am

Request for Miss Demeanor or anyone else good at finding out musical information. At the end of May several local (to Lajatico area) papers seemed to say that, as well as the already confirmed guests at T del Silenzio, also performing would be Peter Cincotti, Simona Molinari, Mario Stefano Pietrodarchi (who seems to be the most superb accordion player when I googled him) and Elena Poposkaya. I haven't seen them mentioned anywhere since. Any ideas on how I can find out? Or maybe I interpreted the Italian incorrectly.  Further information would be greatly appreciated.

la alma
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Demeanor Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:11 pm

I know Peter Cincotti was at Teatro Trianon in Napoli on April 13th and it seems he finished his tour at the end of April.  Didn't he do something fairly recently with Simona Molinari?  However, he will appear at Lajatico (see below)

Simona Molinari is playing a the Jazz Festival in Umbria on the 10th of July and at the Pescara Jazz Festival on the 22nd of July.  I can not find any mention of her appearing at Lajatico this year.

Mario Stefano Pietrodarchi - I think he had something to do with the film "Il Postino", but I can not find anything about any future concerts (nothing since March in Ravenna), but I did find this....

On July 13, Andrea Bocelli - the traditional annual concert at the Teatro del Silenzio in the countryside, in the open, on the Pisan hills, in Lajatico (Pisa). Tickets for the event are almost sold out and 60% of the viewers will be foreign.

Bocelli will be accompanied by the orchestra and chorus of the Teatro Carlo Felice in Genoa, conducted by Maestro Marcello Rota. The cast of the evening include also Giorgio Albertazzi, Riccardo Cocciante, Pino Daniele, pianist Peter Cincotti, the soprano Elena Poposkaya, violinist Anastasiya Petrushak and the great performer Lindsay Kemp.

Hope it helps.
Miss Demeanor
Miss Demeanor

Back to top Go down

Post by la alma Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:27 pm

Thanks. That's amazing you found out so quickly. I'll feel disappointed if Mario S P isn't there though as I was so impressed with him on you tube. Just hope we get there as there seems to be further earthquake warnings in our area.

la alma
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Original Relaxed Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:40 pm

I wouldn't worry about the earthquakes - no doubt the concerts will be so over-amplified that anything less than Richter 8 will pass unnoticed Exclamation
The Original Relaxed
The Original Relaxed
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by la alma Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:23 pm

Looking into it further the warnings seem to be coming from a very dodgy source - centro sismologia independente del settentrione. I do hope their predictions are false for the sake of everyone there.

la alma
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by jacie g Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:27 pm

Hi - We went last year for the first time and bought the 'cheap seats'- sat right at the back on the tiered section unhampered by   anyone wearing hats or bobbing about in front of us, saw and heard everything and anything that needed a close up, huge screens - best of all saved a small fortune!! It was brilliantly organised, parking very easy to find, buses all there waiting, it is a bit of a walk from where you are dropped off to the actual concert area and the food inside was rather limited. Queue for buses back to parking at end was long but still civilised. Word of warning - make sure you bring warm clothing as towards the end it was bloomin cold!!!!! So good, we're doing it all again this year Smile

jacie g

Back to top Go down

Post by la alma Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:12 am

I found some very recent articles about it yesterday, which state that Mario Stefano Pietrodarchi and Simona Molinari will be there, but the soprano seems to have changed to Paoletti Marrocu. All the papers seem to copy one source so if that is wrong they all are, but they were printed just a few days ago.

la alma
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by L'uomodellaluna Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:05 am

Well!

Fly to Pisa tomorrow at an unreasonable hour, with first week in an apartment in the sticks between San Gimignano and Volterra, Second week in a hotel in Volterra, then two nights in Lucca.

Got rehearsal tickets from Arriana and friends, together with transfer from Volterra. It seemed better than fighting to get into and out of the car parking - but we will see on the night.

Anyway, I will post a report when we return.

Arriana and friends were easy to deal with by email, and very friendly - though I would be if I could get that much for a ten mile bus trip!

8o)
L'uomodellaluna
L'uomodellaluna
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by la alma Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:13 pm

I cant believe that, after months of looking forward to the concert, I'm now looking back on it and thinking i must go again. All the musicians were superb, and to experience it all in an amphitheatre of Tuscan Hills on a hot night was magical. I didn't think the ballet dancers really added to it and was a bit unsure about Lindsay Kemp, but loved all the different genres of musicians. There was a lot of queueing involved as for some reason they didn't let people in until near the time it was supposed to start. 10,000 people makes a long queue! It didn't bother me to have a late start as I dont think I've been to anything in Italy that started when it was supposed to. Everyone had said take a jumper as it can get very chilly and windy, so. going over the top as usual, I took 2 jumpers and a pashmina, none of which I needed. I was glad I had taken a cushion for the seat though (Yes, my rucksack did look bulky, but it was very light. I made OH carry the heavy stuff. Well it was he who insisted a bottle of wine was essential to go with the few nibbles. In the queue I was also glad I'd taken my normal emergency kit - my book to read under the shade of a tree.
We stayed in a friendly little B&B about 10 miles away,which I'd actually found and booked well before the concert was announced as all the local accommodation gets booked up very quickly.
I still cant feel it was real. I think all magnificent happenings should happen twice so you can be awestruck the first time and really concentrate the second.
Back in Blighty now, but only a couple of months till we go to Italy again.

la alma
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Demeanor Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:56 am

Lajatico Lajati11

Seems you were in good company!
Miss Demeanor
Miss Demeanor

Back to top Go down

Post by la alma Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:28 pm

Forgot to say that  having now been there I agree with Jacie G and would book the cheapest seats in future. Unless you are in the most expensive seats near the front, which we weren't, you dont really have a great advantage over the tiered seats at the back.All have a view of the stage and can hear everything perfectly, but even in the middle seats you need to look at the large screens to make out expressions and gestures so there is no point in paying any more than you have to for this. Also you are closer to the portaloos at the back which I always find useful I'm afraid.
Yes, Sharon Stone was apparently there as was the Duchess of York. No queueing for them I'm sure.
I'm looking forward to hearing how the dress rehearsal went as it was much cheaper and fewer people.

la alma
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by jacie g Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:16 pm

Yes, it was once again spectacular and Lindsay Kemp
was a question of taste!!!!!!!!! Bless.........Glad that you didn't need your extra woolley la alma - I followed my own advice and took an extra cardi too and jolly glad I had. We were right at the very back and it was a might breezy up there!!!! Roll on next year cheers

jacie g

Back to top Go down

Post by L'uomodellaluna Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:08 pm

I've posted a report on the concert in the music section, but I thought a little more on the whole experience was appropriate. We stopped the first week in an apartment on an former industrial estate near Montaione, about thirty minutes from San Gimignano and Volterra. Then we had five days in a hotel in Volterra, and two nights at Lucca.

Followig advice from here, I contacted Arrianna and Friends, who wer a dream to work with.

We booked for the rehearsal, on the Friday, and transfer from Volterra.

We had a late lunch/early tea in Volterra, and got on the bus at 6:30. What would have been a 3/4 hour trip was extended by half an hour as we had to pick up an american couple from an agritourismo which seemed miles along a white road.

We arrived at La Sterza to pick up the tickets from Massimo, and then drove up through Lajatico to park on the sports field, only ten minutes walk from the arena. We were met by Arianna and Veronica who suggested we could go into the village for a drink, but we'd already seen that it was full! so we strolled up to the entrance gate. We were supposed to be allowed in at 8:00pm, but we could hear the artists doing sound checks, and it was after 8:30 before the gate was opened. Everyone was quite well behaved though and we strolled down to the arena and found our seats, which I thought were the best in the arena. We were close to the centre of the front row of the second block from the stage. I think we had a better view than anyone in the first block.

It was after 9:30 when the concert started.

All of the cast were casually dressed, and there were few introductions, so if you needed to know who was who, you needed to read the programme. Why do graphic designers think it's a good idea to print in black on a dark blue background?

You could get drinks and sandwiches from a stall and people came round the arena with them several times.

The arena was about half full, so the tiered seats at the back were not used. We paid 60 euro each for our seats, which would have cost 250 euro on the Saturday.

The concert ended at about 12:30 and we walked back to the bus in good order, met up with Arianna's  group and waited about 1/2 an hour as the traffic cleared, and got back to our nest about 2:45.

We had to be up to leave at 10:00 on Saturday morning but were a little late!

Arriana and Friends had the organisation down to a tee, and I don't hesitate to recommend them. I was uncertain about paying 70 euro each for the transfers, but it was the right thing to do, and I'd do it again.

All in all a great experience, and when I've saved up the odd 650 euro for the same seats, we'll go to the full concert!

L'uomodellaluna
L'uomodellaluna
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by la alma Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:54 pm

Thankyou. Ive posted a reply in the music section.

la alma
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:57 pm

I bet it was a bit off putting for the Performers if Sharon Stone was in the first row....
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Lajatico Empty Think she has found her M&S theses days...

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:32 pm

Flip wrote:I bet it was a bit off putting for the Performers if Sharon Stone was in the first row....

Think she has found her M&S theses days... Could have said that was old hat, but don't think it would fit Laughing Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down