The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Importance of culture ecoomically in Italy

3 posters

Go down

Importance of culture ecoomically in Italy Empty Importance of culture ecoomically in Italy

Post by The Original Relaxed Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:26 pm

Here is a quite long and detailed discussion about how 'Italian Culture' is an important economic driver in Italy. 

Yeah, you and I think "why is there a need to tell us about this", it's stating the bleeding obvious - but considering the investment which the Italian State fails to make in preserving or enhancing their unique selling proposition it is averagely shocking.

I must say that the first thing which caught my eye was the distinctly non Italian name of the journalist: it does seem to me that native Italians do rather take it all for granted...

http://www.giornalettismo.com/archives/1013511/quanto-vale-la-cultura-in-italia/
The Original Relaxed
The Original Relaxed
Elder

Back to top Go down

Importance of culture ecoomically in Italy Empty Re: Importance of culture ecoomically in Italy

Post by Gala Placidia Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:26 am

A very interesting article, Lax, and an eye opener for those who are not familiar with the subject. It is known that, in times of economic crisis, "Culture" and "Education" always suffer the consequences. Not only in Italy, worldwide. Culture is not served at the table, so it can wait. Also, in this "industry" or "filiera", there is a lot of black money, particularly amongst the ones who make a living of this sector. And then, there is the problem of the municipalities -most of them the real owners of that heritage - who are practically broke, courtesy of the ridiculous policies of central government (and I am referring here to the IMU-prima casa disaster). Culture requires the investment of monies which are in short supply, and we all know what this means. Interesting, as you point out, the name of the well informed journalist.

P.S. This other article, from the same source, is also relevant pane e cultura

Last edited by Gala Placidia on Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add P.S.)
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Importance of culture ecoomically in Italy Empty Re: Importance of culture ecoomically in Italy

Post by Carciofo Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:54 pm

Interestingly, if anything, the arts are possibly even more important to the UK economy.  Recent research has shown that for every £1 invested by UK government in the arts, £2 comes back to the Treasury coffers.  So, I'd say cuts in subsidy to the arts & culture industries are counter-productive whichever country you look at.

Carciofo
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:30 pm

I would say that anyone with a bit of common sense will certainly agree on that matter. Now... try to convince the politicians...Rolling Eyes
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum