The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Earthquake

2 posters

Go down

Earthquake Empty Earthquake

Post by BLC Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:32 pm

We haven't paid any taxes since the earthquake as our house was category E. Said our chimney was crooked! We also haven't been charged for water or garbage. Anyone else in the same boat? Any idea when the government is going to realize they can't afford the lost revenue.

BLC

Back to top Go down

Earthquake Empty Re: Earthquake

Post by Chillout Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:13 pm

I can't comment on L'Aquila quakes but I thought everything as far as bills go where back to normal if your house has been declared safe.

I think the best thing to do is contact the relevant companies direct as they may have updated information.

We was hit by the quakes here in Emilia last year and I know what it feels like being concerned about bills.

I wrote about how they helped (or lack of) http://italyforum.it/threads/enel-bills-after-earthquake.2805

Dont worry the Italian goverment dont worry about lost revenue as the chances are they will make you pay it back. (interest free) The big question is how and when?

I do know that they helped L'Aquila a lot more than us in Emilia so you could be suprised and not have to pay anything.

Chillout
Contributor

http://tuttoitaly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BLC Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:40 pm

Enel is billing and we had to pay the 2 years they didn't send us a bill. It seems strange they wouldn't want to generate some revenue as our comune is essentially broke.

BLC

Back to top Go down

Post by Chillout Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:12 pm

Our comune is broke too. The roads are full of holes and some buildings are only standing with the help of scaffolding.

All of the utility companies have to comply with what ever rebuild package laws the government passed. In our case, Enel was the only company to go above the government package and offer something more reasonable.

If you have already paid the ENEL bills then it seems very strange that water and garbage bills have not arrived.

Have you tried contacting them? What do they have to say?

Chillout
Contributor

http://tuttoitaly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BLC Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:30 pm

It looks like all the comunes in the valley are going to be forced to consolidate. There are 17 seperate little villages ranging from less than 100 people to about 1500. That's 17 mayors getting paid as well as 17 seperate buildings. If it finally goes through we should see an improvement in services as more money would go for roads etc. In the meantime our comune is treading water waiting.

BLC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum