The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Costs for a concrete access road

+5
L'uomodellaluna
Centauro
Flip
Geotherm
charlitaly
9 posters

Go down

Costs for a concrete access road Empty Costs for a concrete access road

Post by charlitaly Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:39 pm

I apologise if people think I have posted this in the wrong place but one of the challenges I have with this and the OTHER forum is that if you put something in a very specific category I don't know how many people go into each little box(not me) and also isn't more stuff of interest to everyone than appears at first sight?
So here I am with my concrete question I am waiting for preventivi for a cemento armato runway to my house it is I understand 240 sqm.

Anyone out there have a ball park number they could offer me for this area of concrete just so I don't have a heart attack when/if the numbers arrive
Thank you

charlitaly
Contributor

http://www.lunigianavilla.com

Back to top Go down

Costs for a concrete access road Empty Re: Costs for a concrete access road

Post by Geotherm Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:32 pm

Very hard to say, as depends whether there needs to be a lowering of the top surface first and then a hardcore base, before the concrete is laid, plus the depth of the concrete required. Get the first quote and then maybe a couple of others.
For 240 sq mtrs at a depth of 10cm, you would need approx 24 cubic mtrs of readymixed. I think the trucks carry between 6-7 cubic metres, so approx 4 loads for that depth.
Geotherm
Geotherm

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:36 pm

Also, will they be using Metal Mesh or some sort of reinforcing?
But to air on the side of caution, I would take a seat before opening the preventivi.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by charlitaly Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:04 pm

They are going to level, I was just interested in whether someone knew the cost of concrete in those enormous round turning things!!!
 Yep they will be using the rete, don't actually know the depth sorry, just thought someone might have a ball park, 500? 5000? 10,000.
I suspect not then, will let you know in case anyone is interested.
Ciao ciao

charlitaly
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Centauro Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:46 pm

charlitaly wrote:They are going to level, I was just interested in whether someone knew the cost of concrete in those enormous round turning things!!! Yep they will be using the rete, don't actually know the depth sorry, just thought someone might have a ball park, 500? 5000? 10,000.I suspect not then, will let you know in case anyone is interested.Ciao ciao

A quick and not to scientific poke around the t'internet says UK prices approx £100.00 /Mtr3, so for 24cubic mtrs of C30 grade (Drives & Patios) concrete mix will be about £2500.00 but don't quote me....Cool
Centauro
Centauro

Back to top Go down

Post by L'uomodellaluna Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:38 am

And laying that amount of concrete will need two or three men for at least half a day.
(and they will be very tired afterwards!)

8o)
L'uomodellaluna
L'uomodellaluna
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:41 am

I was quoted (a long time ago) €3-400 per linear metre for a 2m wide driveway, including scraping, building a camber for drainage, making a firm base (it was a field) and laying a white road (ie no cement).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by charlitaly Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:52 am

OK it is going to be around 6,500 fortunately I was sitting down!!! the road is 90m long, the platform will be 2.5 wide, it has to have 4 culverts across it so the thing doesn't turn into Niagara in the rain we have here and one running each side, Includes stripping it back, grills across the culverts and 15cm deep concrete with rete.
Can't use anything loose here because of the steepness of the road, the rain just washes away anything that isn't anchored down.
All this info is in case anyone is considering doing something similar for a comparison.

charlitaly
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:16 pm

When we had something similar done we opted for 2 parallel tracks of concrete with grass between (since, unless you have an Ape, you don't need a complete platform of concrete).

Roughly each track is 70cm wide with a 70cm grass bit between thereby saving some 33% of the cost of concrete. Smile
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by charlitaly Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:31 pm

Actually I don't have an Ape and that is an interesting option which I hadn't thought about but have seen. I also have a problem with kids on quad bikes which that would absolutely stop, could be the absolute best solution for me thank you very much.

charlitaly
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:59 pm

Firstly: Admin, can this be moved into the property or building area, as could not see how to move it?

Charlitaly. I cannot see why they could just not put a camber on each side of the road, so the water runs off into the side ditching. Seems rather overkill to me for only 90 mtrs, to have 4 channels across the road to stop waterfalls!!!
Geotherm
Geotherm

Back to top Go down

Post by charlitaly Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:12 pm

Geotherm, thank you very much for your comments.
The fact that you want to move this to property where it will be looked at by the very fewest of people, a bit like my post about the gas tank is indicative to me that this forum will go the way of the other one because the reality is people only want to bitch and back bite and trade irrelevant stuff.
We don't actually all know each other and we aren't all in Le Marche

I truly wonder if this forum is interested in trading useful information.
I am extremely disappointed. There are way too many category's here already, I for one do not have time to look through so many different sections and I thought that posting here in General would help to give the broadest view. Obviously I am incorrect and sharing information is not the objective of this group

charlitaly
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:04 pm

charlitaly wrote:Geotherm, thank you very much for your comments.The fact that you want to move this to property where it will be looked at by the very fewest of people, a bit like my post about the gas tank is indicative to me that this forum will go the way of the other one because the reality is people only want to bitch and back bite and trade irrelevant stuff.We don't actually all know each other and we aren't all in Le MarcheI truly wonder if this forum is interested in trading useful information.
I am extremely disappointed. There are way too many category's here already, I for one do not have time to look through so many different sections and I thought that posting here in General would help to give the broadest view. Obviously I am incorrect and sharing information is not the objective of this group
 I am sorry if you thought that it was the wrong place to move it to, but in my opinion it was more appropriate in that area. You originally in your first post, said you were sorry if it was in the wrong place in the general category.
It is perfectly easy to just click on the unread posts since last visit above the main menu items, to see what you have not read since your last visit. As replies will be from registered members of the forum, then I can see no problem.
The forum is still very young, so give it a chance. You have been given advice on your posts, that were not backbiting and no, we do not all live in Le Marche, although I do and have done for 7 years now.
There are always going to be irrelevant posts, that you are not interested in, but it is easy to ignore them.
Geotherm
Geotherm

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:14 pm

What! Come on Charl get a grip ... Does it really matter if it's moved.... Good advice for nothing from Geo and you are still not a happy bunny...Think most would have read it even if it were in the "Naff" category... Oh and helpful information it was as well, so thanks Charl's keep them coming....

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:18 pm

I'm with Geotherm here.

Whenever I access this forum I click on 'Home' and then on 'View posts since last visit'.  Everything new posted is listed, irrespective of 'category'.  I usually read most, but not always all, depending on my interests.

As regards your LPG thread you actually received 7 replies. Smile 

Please don't be 'extremely disappointed'.  We're all here to help (honest!).
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by ourtoscana Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:49 am

Going back to the question, I would see the supply/lay costs in and around the 250euro/m3 to 300euro/m3 for a 10cm thick slab with steel mesh incorporated.

You'll have to contend with an significant amount of rainwater runoff so drainage is very important to get right and to make sure that the water is channeled away correctly to avoid lateral erosion.

Also watch out for permits. If the area has an environmental or hydro-geological restriction you will need an authorization. Many municipalities do aerial photos to check for such roads.

The parallel tracks might be a good compromise both on price, run off and for permits.

ourtoscana
Elder

http://www.ourtoscana.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down