The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amanda Knox

+7
The Original Relaxed
robjw
modicasa
Carciofo
Gala Placidia
Miss Demeanor
L'uomodellaluna
11 posters

Go down

Amanda Knox Empty Amanda Knox

Post by L'uomodellaluna Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:36 am

I've been following this case in its six years, because I was always worried about the case that the police and prosecutor developed.
This article really defines exactly what I thought:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2390600/Forget-sex-smears-The-real-crime-Foxy-Knoxy-EVER-charged-murder.html
I bring it up now to perhaps start a debate about the Italian police and legal system - I'm similarly suspicious of much of the evidence in Berlosconi's many cases.
L'uomodellaluna
L'uomodellaluna
Elder

Back to top Go down

Amanda Knox Empty Re: Amanda Knox

Post by Miss Demeanor Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:05 am

I've never believed Knox or Sollecito where involved in Meredith Kerchers murder. I think they were just typical students doing typical student things who absolutely crapped themselves and did what most typical students would do by lying/changing their story/deflecting blame onto others before finally realising they were in far deeper crap than getting caught/prosecuted for growing and smoking Cannabis and having a bit of a fumble behind the bike sheds.
Miss Demeanor
Miss Demeanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:33 am

I also believe that Knox and Sollecito did not participite in this awful crime, while Guede sounds as the guilty party. Also, I question Italian Police's handling of this case and their theories. On the other hand, in Berlusconi's case, it is a totally different  area. Most of the accusations brought up against him are for fraud and related cases. Ruby's is a different matter, but then, it is amazing that a Prime Minister could call the Police asking personally for the Moroccan girl to be released on the grounds that she was Mubarak's niece Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Carciofo Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:21 pm

I have no idea whether they were involved or not.  My instinct is that they were not, mostly because they don't seem like the kind of people who would commit a fairly brutal murder just because they were high.  Coupled with that is my scepticism that students would be successful in eradicating all signs of DNA from the crime scene (but leave some on Knox's bra - or was it the kitchen knife?  I can't remember).  Anyway, the facts don't seem to support a murder conviction.

What is truly shocking however, is the italian legal system which doesn't appear to assume innocence until proved guilty and which drags on and on and on even more than the British system does.  Furthermore, it almost seems as if the prosecution are persuing this to preserve their dignity, not legal justice. 

And then consider another case where the italian legal system finds scientists guilty of assuring people there would not be an earthquake when science never claims to be able to predict earthquakes.  It's like living in the time of witch burning.  I thought the British press was pretty good at witch hunts but this is beyond belief in the 21st century. 

I would hope never to come up against the law in Italy because I have no faith in being treated fairly.

Carciofo
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by modicasa Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:28 am

Read the Daily Mail and you'll have absolutely no idea of where the truth lies.  You will just be peddling Dacre's disgusting views.   As to Knox - I too have followed the story and think Knox is as guilty as hell.

modicasa
Elder

http://www.modicasa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:56 am

Trial by media is always unfair.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by L'uomodellaluna Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:04 am

modicasa wrote:Read the Daily Mail and you'll have absolutely no idea of where the truth lies.  You will just be peddling Dacre's disgusting views.   As to Knox - I too have followed the story and think Knox is as guilty as hell.
 Yes, I accept those views re the DM.

However:

Adapted from The Annals Of Unsolved Crime by Edward J. Epstein (Melville House, £18.99). © Edward J. Epstein, 2013. To order a copy for £14.99 (p&p free), tel: 0844 472 4157.

(I'm not promoting the book)

It's not a piece originating from the Mail.

It's always difficult interpreting guilt or innocence from the media, who all have their slant, and prefer the outrageous to the bland.
And in forming my opinion, I based it on far more than the Mail's input.

What finally persuaded me was the Satanic sex motive.

Anyway Mod, if you have read the piece, Which part of it do you disagree with, and can you point me to the reported evidence which persuades you of her guilt?

I'm quite willing to revise my opinion. Maybe the author has only based his piece on the same reports I saw, so I'd be pleased to se authenticated evidence to the contrary.
L'uomodellaluna
L'uomodellaluna
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by modicasa Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:07 am

I followed the trial in Italy - the British/AMerican press coverage bore no relation to the trial i followed, mainly through La Republica or COrriere.  I wasnt on the jury and havent seen all the evidence, but to me it points to spoilt little rich girl in a strange country getting into stuff she wasnt emotionally ready to be involved with.  When its not the holidays Ill explain more!

modicasa
Elder

http://www.modicasa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by robjw Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:18 pm

I really don’t like ‘trial by media ‘ either. So I’m reluctant to give an opinion as my information can only be based on what the media have chosen to say about it. However with that proviso I would say that I have real doubts about the innocence of Knox and Sollecito. There were too many things that just didn’t add up e.g they said they were together at Sollecitos flat the whole evening, but a witness saw Knox near her flat. Sollecito said he was working on his computer but when the computer was checked it showed that it hadn’t been used that evening. Knox said that an African guy (Patrick Lumuba I think )  was at her flat and he did it. However he was a bar owner and numerous witnesses say he was at the bar the whole time. There were many, many other inconsistencies, changes and downright lies in what K & S said.

Rudy Guedes, the man who has been convicted of the murder, says Knox was at the scene and contradicts their story in several other ways . However he too has changed his story more than once. The difference is that he is a black immigrant who has been convicted previously of selling drugs, so nobody wants to believe him. Whereas the lies and inconsistencies in the stories of the white middle class kids are dismissed as them just being understandably upset, confused, out of their depth etc etc ( if you think this explanation is unlikely just look back in this thread where someone has said that K & S  ‘didn’t seem like the type of people’ to do such a thing ! ).

Guedes seems to be the forgotten man in all this. Vast amounts of written material has been produced but it mostly focuses on K & S who are more ‘media-worthy’. But if Guedes’ conviction is sound and he really did do it then he is the only person who can say whether K&S are innocent or not ( apart from K&S  of course ). And consider this – why does he continue to say that the others were involved ? He has been tried, convicted, sentenced and put in jail. The game is over for him. Surely he no longer has any reason to lie ?

robjw
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Original Relaxed Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:11 pm

His name is Guede, not Guedes.
The Original Relaxed
The Original Relaxed
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by lancashire lass Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:42 am

it's only my opinion but I think the right person has been convicted of the murder but I do think that Know and Sollecito were involved in some way as they have lied from day one.

lancashire lass
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:41 am

I think that  they may have entered the scene of the crime at some stage, got scared, were terrified and pressured by the Police... Can you imagine a foreigner like Amanda in that situation? Sollecito tried to help... but, lets face it, two young people, having consumed alcohol or drugs, or both? And the Police "investigation" and theories are just preposterous. Not to mention the media that was having a ball.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Demeanor Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:53 pm

Sigh....
Miss Demeanor
Miss Demeanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:20 pm

And still it goes on: http://news.yahoo.com/d-day-amanda-knox-over-italy-murder-conviction-040532636.html
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:31 am

Yes, perhaps the title of this post and headlines all over the world should be "Meredith Kercher is still dead" no matter who killed her.

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:04 am

Also if the Italian Police had done their job properly at the beginning, by sealing the crime scene, doing proper forensics etc. maybe the evidence for a conviction could have been found.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:03 pm

Hopefully this is the end of this case

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:39 pm

stevegwmonkseaton wrote:Hopefully this is the end of this case
For them it certainly is.  But not for Meredith Kercher's family.  Was Rudy Guede really acting alone?
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:23 am

Based on the link L'uomodellaluna started this post from the "ragmail", I would suspect so and the right guy is in jail, just probably not for long enough....

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum