Conad Punti

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Conad Punti

Post by ghiro on Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:51 pm

We almost always do our big shops at the local Conad supermarket.  Mainly because certain deals are only available to those with a 'Carta Insieme' we got ourselves one a while back.

Glancing at the most recent till receipt I see that we have accumulated some 6000 punti Smile   Is this good? Question  And, if so, what if anything can I do with them? Question
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Re: Conad Punti

Post by Gala Placidia on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:32 pm

Besides getting special offers, as you said, you can also exchange points for items in their catalogue. No idea about how good they are, as I do not have their card. Just let us know how you go about it. Very Happy  It may be worthwhile getting their card...
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip on Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:31 pm

They have a catalogue that you can pick up at their shops, stating what you can get and what the points value is; also you can use all points to get an item or a combination of points and cash.
They are all good quality items, we have a juicer and som eother items that we have had for years from them.
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:45 pm

Gala Placidia wrote:It may be worthwhile getting their card...
It certainly is - and it costs you nothing!

Mind you, a few years back before we got our card, I used to ask the people in the queue behind me whether they had a 'Carta Insieme'.  If they did it did me a favour and also did them a favour.  I made a lot of friends that way! Smile Smile
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia on Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:02 pm

Do you need to be a permanent resident in order to get those cards? Thanks.
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro on Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:14 pm

Gala Placidia wrote:Do you need to be a permanent resident in order to get those cards? Thanks.
No Gala.  Any address in Italy is enough.
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by modicasa on Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:11 am

Conad punti are like everyone elses punti - when you close on 2 million they may give a small glass or a plastic device for holding an egg while you fry it on bothsides simultaneously.  If you want the casserole then you will have to shop at CONAD exclusively for 60 years.  And then when you have enough points they tell you that that catalogue is finished and now you can only redeem your points for a baby cot warmer.  

Store cards are only for getting discounts at the till - all they want is your info to cold call you and make your life miserable.  and why CONAD? . it is the most expensive supermarket by a mile, it came 26 out of 30 for quality/price etc

modicasa
Elder

http://www.modicasa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia on Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:16 am

Very funny, Modi. You anticipated my next question Razz  I have one of those cards in Spain and I get so much junk mail that it is painful. And I am not convinced about their "offers". On the other hand, when I go to the States, I use my daughter's card and you can see that you get REAL discounts. These average between 15 and 20% of the total bill. And she only gets promotional mail from the supermarket. In Spain, they sell your data to everyone willing to pay for it Sad
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip on Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:00 pm

You can opt out of Junkmail/calls you just need to tick a box in the small print....
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia on Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:03 pm

Great to know, Flip. I did not have this option in Spain and it was years ago, when junk mail had not become such a problem...
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top