The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ignorant.com

4 posters

Go down

Ignorant.com Empty Ignorant.com

Post by ghiro Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:01 pm

Now here's a question that's been exercising my excuse for a brain!

With Windows I need to have all sorts of software to protect me from viruses, worms, malware etc etc.  Yet things like iPhones and iPads (and also iMacs?) appear immune.

Perche? Question
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Ignorant.com Empty Re: Ignorant.com

Post by Geotherm Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:56 pm

The others are not immune, it is just that the hackers prefer the windows system to work on, albeit that there are now a few going for the mac. Do not use a Iphone or Ipad myself as think they are overpriced.
If you are running windows, you can use their anti-virus/ firewall which is pretty effective, or Avast antivirus, another good one, plus malwarebytes on a weekly scan.
Geotherm
Geotherm

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:45 pm

Geo is correct, they are small fry, over priced and not worth hacking... Note I did not say they are no good!

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:01 pm

It is easier to hack into a fixed IP address as most computers are fixed, but a mobile is also protected by the service provider so more difficult and also a different operating system.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Ignorant.com Empty Not many have fixed IP addresses...

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:30 pm

Flip wrote:It is easier to hack into a fixed IP address as most computers are fixed, but a mobile is also protected by the service provider so more difficult and also a different operating system.
Not many ISP have fixed IP addresses these days and with most you have to pay for one... Stick a router in front of  it and a good fire wall (software + the router firewall) and it's very hard to get in... Well unless you are the CIA or MI6... Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum