Weather Forecast

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Weather Forecast

Post by ghiro on Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:08 pm

How come that weather forecasting in Italy is so accurate? Exclamation   I always use kataweb.it/meteo.

Yesterday it told me it would be raining by midnight.  The rain started at 10:30pm.  Today it said there would be thunder and lightening at 6:00pm.  The first flash was at 5:50pm.  And these are not isolated instances.

IMHO amazing!! Shocked Shocked
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Re: Weather Forecast

Post by stevegwmonkseaton on Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:03 pm

Perhaps the weather here is easier to predict, but somehow I think not. I know they often get the weather horridly wrong in the UK, but think they more often than not very accurate these days... I used to think they were good here, but of late have found you can only trust them a day or two in advance. I've added your weather people to my growing list...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:03 pm

I'll have to try them as the only reliable weather forecast I have found is to look out of the window!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Well it also works...

Post by stevegwmonkseaton on Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:02 pm

Admin wrote:I'll have to try them as the only reliable weather forecast I have found is to look out of the window!
I have to agree that, that also works...  However, if you see a storm coming, this is a good one to check out ThunderStormComingLink Oh, originally posted on some other forum, but with no copyright as far as I know and equally easy to find on Google....

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro on Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:19 pm

Agreed that no weather forecast can be completely accurate 4-5 days ahead.  But I remain very impressed that for 24-48 hours they appear to be spot on here.

(This post is the intellectual property of 'The Italy Forum' 2013 and therefore may not be reproduced, in part or as a whole, without the express permission of the Administrator of the aforementioned forum and/or of the author under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988).
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia on Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:27 am

I have a very simple way to forecast weather 2-3 days ahead. I look at what is happening in Northern Spain and then, I can be almost certain that we are going to have the same kind of weather in Bagni di  Lucca 2-3 days later. It rarely fails!
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:02 am

We use http://www.ilmeteo.it that gives a very accurate prediction, well at least in our area.
Yesterday it predicted the thunderstorms to within 30 minutes....
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Us too...

Post by stevegwmonkseaton on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:56 am

Flip wrote:We use http://www.ilmeteo.it that gives a very accurate prediction, well at least in our area.  Yesterday it predicted the thunderstorms to within 30 minutes....
ilmeteo is one of our others and the one we find most useful within 2-3 days hence. Yes, it also predicted thunder for us at 2am and 5am... We are quite tired today as they got it spot on and we got little sleep...Shocked Shocked Shocked 

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top