The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do forum members watch UK TV here?

+5
Flip
lancashire lass
ghiro
Admin
stevegwmonkseaton
9 posters

Go down

Do forum members watch UK TV here? Empty Do forum members watch UK TV here?

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:48 pm

A posting on http://www.abruzzolutely.com forum made me wonder how many here watch UK TV? We went from a total Sky package to nil TV here in Italy and I don't know where we would find the time! However this seems to be one of the commonly discussed topics on a number of forums and if they lose their TV there is an outcry. So just wondered about a broader view across Italy. It has also been mentioned a few times that the UK is moving over to a narrower band satellite, with the result being those in Italy will not be able to access satellite TV here, so a word of warning.... Good news is that as long as you have decent internet access you can watch via that. What do people here use? I think it's a question prospective house buyers here often ask... Twisted Evil

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Do forum members watch UK TV here? Empty Re: Do forum members watch UK TV here?

Post by Admin Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:34 pm

Well, we did have SKY Italia for a few years but it's expensive and then we got a new Smart TV so we could watch Italian Mediaset channels and turn the English language programmes and films into original language which was great, so we never watched UK TV. Now we have move we're not receiving Mediaset so have reverted to UK TV online using www.filmon.com
Really, we'd like out Mediaset back.....
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:06 pm

We only have UK TV, on FreeSat, in Italy.  Over 100 TV channels, some in HD, and also UK radio.  And when you set it up it asks for your UK postcode so we get all the local programmes 'where you are'!!!

Only 2 problems.  Channel 5 is more often 'no signal' than not.  Also, as mentioned above, BBC is expected to move satellites with the result that their programmes may not be available - but they still were last month.

Luckily we have a robust broadband link which means, because we have a VPN in the UK, I can also watch SkyGo programmes in Italy.

So currently I'm a happy dormouse! Smile Smile
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by lancashire lass Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:28 pm

We watch uk tv by freesat and a large dish, we have lost all the 5 channels but at the moment still get all the rest, we are expecting to lose the others by next year. We don't have broadband except by mobile so filmon is not feasible for us at the moment. Guess I will just have to get used to watching un posto al sole ( I would have to be desperate!)

lancashire lass
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:44 pm

If you do have ADSL (Broadband) then Filmon is brilliant another one for Series both UK and US is http://streamallthis.me/tv-shows-list.html which lets you watch all the big series (Downton, Homeland, Game of Thrones etc) including all back series and episodes.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:41 pm

Great link - thanks Flip!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:59 pm

I never have too much time to watch TV whenever I am in Italy, but I am mainly interested in current affairs in Italian. I think that with the advent of broadband and the possibility of watching many international programs and channels, those expensive subscriptions will soon disappear..
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:26 pm

Flip wrote:If you do have ADSL (Broadband) then Filmon is brilliant another one for Series both UK and US is http://streamallthis.me/tv-shows-list.html which lets you watch all the big series (Downton, Homeland, Game of Thrones etc) including all back series and episodes.
That is a great link, thanks Flip. Just watched a few different episodes of different series and the buffering is very quick as only a few secs. Only having about 2mb on ADSL it seems very stable.
Geotherm
Geotherm

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:46 pm

Thanks guys. Streamallthis is a great site and good quality. If you have a browser with pop up blockers and an Adaware add on you can avoid those annoying adverts, but it is safe.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Panner Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:03 pm

Looks good, I had not come across this one yet. Have got Freesat using a 1 metre dish (no BBC/ITV/Ch4 or 5) and used Filmon. Will give it a try

Panner
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicino Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:22 pm

Blimey...............seems like VERY hard work, am I missing something ?

V
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down