The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

''Similar Topics''

4 posters

Go down

''Similar Topics'' Empty ''Similar Topics''

Post by Flip Sun May 26, 2013 8:12 am

Whilst exploring the new site I clicked on the section at the bottom of a Posting, 'Similar Topics', very surprised when ended up on a Kitty Lovers Site, then on a RyanAir advice site, and one about Crossbow hunting.
Very educational, if you are into these type of things, but you could end up anywhere so beware.
Must be links to similar sites on Forumotion.com.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

''Similar Topics'' Empty The ads at the top, as well

Post by The Original Relaxed Sun May 26, 2013 10:05 am

There are also some "clever" alluring ads at the top - one of which tells you you have new messages and friend requests - which looks exactly like a proper forum notification. I didn't click on it, but I'm convinced it wasn't genuine because my PM notification was empty. It's a good idea to be a bit cautious!
The Original Relaxed
The Original Relaxed
Elder

Back to top Go down

''Similar Topics'' Empty Re: ''Similar Topics''

Post by Chillout Sun May 26, 2013 10:31 am

Forumotion is a free solution with many restrictions.

Ads, links to other forumotion sites, unable to access on iPhone, and the most scary part is that everything created here is possibly their's. I have heard and don't know how true it is but many people complain that forumotion will not provide you with the database if you wish to upgrade to go independent.

I suppose to be fair, you get what you pay for and anything free has it's restrictions but Admin, please do take note of what I said about the database.

Apart from that, forumotion has helped create another useful resource for Italy!

Ohh, I too had a look at the lovely forum dedicated to Ryanair. lol!

Chillout
Contributor

http://tuttoitaly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 26, 2013 12:54 pm

Chillout, it works fine on my mobile phone so I wonder if it is a MAC / iPhone thing?

Believe me there are always ways to get the data if you want and you don't necessarily need the 'help' of Forumotion or any other provider Cool

Ha ha - we won't be going independent unless someone is going to pay me to give up the day job Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down