The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Europe wide fines come into force: Not UK!!

4 posters

Go down

Europe wide fines come into force: Not UK!! Empty Europe wide fines come into force: Not UK!!

Post by chrisnotton Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:28 pm

I think it is getting closer though!

http://connexionfrance.com/Europe-traffic-fines-speeding-mobile-phone-15191-view-article.html
chrisnotton
chrisnotton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Europe wide fines come into force: Not UK!! Empty Re: Europe wide fines come into force: Not UK!!

Post by ghiro Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:47 pm

Great info.  Thanks.

OH & I have had our photos taken quite often in both France and Switzerland (not that we're reckless drivers) but, being in our English car, have heard nothing further.

However if you're in Italy and transgress in a hire car you'll most certainly hear a knock on your English door. Sad Sad
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Europe wide fines come into force: Not UK!! Empty Re: Europe wide fines come into force: Not UK!!

Post by chrisnotton Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:53 pm

ghiro wrote:Great info.  Thanks.OH & I have had our photos taken quite often in both France and Switzerland (not that we're reckless drivers) but, being in our English car, have heard nothing further.However if you're in Italy and transgress in a hire car you'll most certainly hear a knock on your English door. Sad Sad
Hope is is not true but ANPR in Switzerland may stop you with outstanding fines at border crossings, if they can be arsed. Nobody there at night though!

In bocco al lupo!
chrisnotton
chrisnotton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:05 pm

Thanks for the information, not that we are likely to be in these countries (well apart from Italy). This bit is interesting
The European directive covers eight offences: Drink driving, driving under the influence of drugs, speeding, running a red light, not wearing a seatbelt, motorcyclists not wearing a crash helmet, driving on the hard shoulder and using a mobile phone while driving.

They should make a lot of money here in Italy... Laughing Laughing Laughing 

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:58 pm

I agree, Steve, Italian drivers are notorious by using mobiles while they drive. You see them all the time doing that, but I think that the worst offender that I have ever witnessed was a tradesman talking on a hand held mobile and WRITING notes while driving, all at the same time!!!Sad  Absolutely crazy!!!
As for fines, keep in mind that it is a nice fundraiser, so do not expect that the UK will be able to refuse  enforcing the EU directives.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:14 pm

chrisnotton wrote:
ghiro wrote:Great info.  Thanks.OH & I have had our photos taken quite often in both France and Switzerland (not that we're reckless drivers) but, being in our English car, have heard nothing further.However if you're in Italy and transgress in a hire car you'll most certainly hear a knock on your English door. Sad Sad
Hope is is not true but ANPR in Switzerland may stop you with outstanding fines at border crossings, if they can be arsed. Nobody there at night though!In bocco al lupo!
We always enter Cheeseland at Rheinfelden (nr Basal) and leave at Chiasso (and vice versa on the return journey).  There's no evidence of a number plate recognition system at either border crossing.

Indeed the only thing the border guards appear to be 'arsed' to do is to check whether you have a valid Swiss motorway vignette. Shocked
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down