As a renter do I have to pay IMU ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

As a renter do I have to pay IMU ?

Post by nairb on Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:09 pm

Awhile back my elderly landlord gave me a bill to pay, some sort of tax,now it seems like what I paid was the IMU tax, do I have to pay this as a renter?

nairb

Back to top Go down

Re: As a renter do I have to pay IMU ?

Post by Gala Placidia on Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:20 pm

Hi  nairb and welcome! What does your contract say?
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by nairb on Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:57 pm

I'm not sure, I'd have to dig it out and read it again, but I do have to pay things like water, electricity and garbage (TARSU?).
What triggered this was the landlord just arrived with the garbage tax bill from the comune, I started wondering then because the tax that I paid earlier in the year he described as being for the garbage (what I realise now was the IMU), I was wondering then if he was just trying to screw me over or made an honest mistake (or I misinterpreted it !)

after some searching I found some info on our comune website (wow!) and it does seem like I as a renter and user of the property have to pay the IMU...
oh well, yet another bill to pay in bella italia!

"Chi deve pagare
Devono pagare l'IMU:
i proprietari ovvero i totolari di diritti reali di goimento (usufrutto, uso, abitazione...)"

nairb

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:15 pm

You wouldn't usually have to pay IMU as a renter. There are other classes of "use" whereby you do need to pay it.

The rubbish tax is often paid in instalments so maybe that is whu you had the other bill.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nairb on Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:49 am

Thanks Admin

I think you are right, I rechecked the letter we got (this time) and double checked the payments we already made. On the letter it stated that we had already paid X amount, which is correct. So it does seem to be only the garbage bill, three installments throughout the year. 
I noticed on the 'bolletinos' that the first two installments were marked 1/3 and 2/3, but the third installment isn't marked like this at all! You'd think for completeness sake it would then be marked 3/3...

thanks again for the help!

nairb

Back to top Go down

Post by modicasa on Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:14 am

Renters are responsible for TARSU as they create the rubbish - under the new TUC there will be a rubbish part which is at the renters door and the IMU part which won't be.  Usual nightmare. 
Usually the TARSU is payable in 2 rates - with the option to pay it all in one go - hence the 3 bollettini, one of which should be the sum of the other two.  Or not - depends on your comune.

modicasa
Elder

http://www.modicasa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top