The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diesel additive - NOW

4 posters

Go down

Diesel additive - NOW Empty Diesel additive - NOW

Post by Sagraiasolar Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:06 am

As soon as the first freeze comes all the garages run out of diesel additive so get some in now.  Last year I spoke to someone who told me rather smugly - and weeks before the freeze - that they had already added theirs to the tank - doooooh!
Sagraiasolar
Sagraiasolar
Elder

http://www.originaltwist.com

Back to top Go down

Diesel additive - NOW Empty Re: Diesel additive - NOW

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:34 am

Is this poor planning in Italy in general (for lots of things) or is it having to stock in a country with such a difficult terrain? We have noticed often that local shops simply shrug and say "finito", on a rare occasion they may re-order an item for us.

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:04 am

The stock in Italian shops often seems to be determined by the 'season of the moment'.  Suddenly they're full of wine making kit, then olive oil making kit, then stuff for your fireplace etc.
And, as Steve says, when they're gone they're gone. Sad
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:12 pm

Should not be too much of a problem in Italy unless you are really high up, as Diesel doesn't start to 'Wax' until it's at least -11/12 degrees. In fact the lowest we had here was about -12 and we havn't had a problem even then as most modern diesel has an anti-Waxing agent already.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Diesel additive - NOW Empty Italian waxy diesel ...

Post by Sagraiasolar Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:21 am

Flip wrote:Should not be too much of a problem in Italy unless you are really high up, as Diesel doesn't start to 'Wax' until it's at least -11/12 degrees. In fact the lowest we had here was about -12 and we havn't had a problem even then as most modern diesel has an anti-Waxing agent already.
Well I suspect that unlike the UK the diesel suppliers do not go to winter grade in timely fashion and you can easily find that you are in trouble. I have had to warm up the fuel filter with hot water a couple of times and a friend got stranded skiing last year despite it not being a particularly cold year.
Sagraiasolar
Sagraiasolar
Elder

http://www.originaltwist.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum