The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quad bikes

2 posters

Go down

Quad bikes Empty Quad bikes

Post by Perlasca Mon May 27, 2013 10:10 am

Hi there

Also posted in General chat......

Got a bit of field which needs cutting about twice a year. The cost and hassle of getting someone locally to do this means that we are considering getting a 2nd hand quad bike and flail mower and doing it ourselves. At the mo looking at ebay uk since we assume that Italy won't have much of a 2nd-hand market in these things. And it's got to be a proper farm one rather than the poncey boy racer things we see around us in Marche Wink So:

1. Am I right that it'll be easier to find what I'm looking for in the UK (I'll think about shipping it out later!)
2. Of course once it's in situ I can think of several members of my family who will want to take it out on the white roads. Anyone know whether they count as normal roads and therefore any vehicle using them has to be "road legal"?? Or are they in the same category as UK farm tracks?

Not sure if this is the right place so will also put in the Gardening thread

Ta for any help

Perlasca
Elder

Back to top Go down

Quad bikes Empty Re: Quad bikes

Post by Geotherm Mon May 27, 2013 12:29 pm

Think you will need it registered if you want to take it on the white roads. You dont say how much you need to cut, but would not a good ride-on mower suit what you need?
Geotherm
Geotherm

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down