Post by Geotherm on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

This has just come through!
http://www.thelocal.it/20140130/knox-and-sollecito-face-kercher-murder-verdict

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down

Re: Kercher Verdict

Post by stevegwmonkseaton on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:16 pm

Well I so happened on this program and kind of wish I hadn't, but there you go... I still ask myself "but what about the poor dead girl and her family"... To me the Knox girl is still sure as hell guilty of something and shows no sign whatsoever of remorse or even make a mention of Meredith  and/or her family...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by modicasa on Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:56 am

The Original Relaxed wrote:You should be aware that the story about Guede being on 'day release' from prison has been categorically denied by his lawyers.http://www.ansa.it/web/notizie/rubriche/cronaca/2014/02/11/Meredith-Rudy-semiliberta-studiare_10052998.html

You should also be aware that anything that is printed in the Daily Mail is likely to be completely false and designed solely to appease mad old Tory women and bigots.

modicasa
Elder

http://www.modicasa.com

Back to top Go down

I think Knox and Sollecito are covering up

Post by JulianaAlice on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:01 pm

The Original Relaxed wrote:30 judges have adjudicated that Knox is guilty. 8 decided she was innocent (those were at the Hellman appeal, since annulled for insonsistencies and irrational reasoning by the court of cassazione).But you know better Gala?I suggest you read the transcript of the Massei motivations report which is available in  uh or in Italian at a site called www.themurderofmeredithkercher.com , and stop drinking the Kool Aid pumped out by Knox's PR consultants (engaged on Nov 5th, 2007)

This link has made interesting reading and supplements the books and articles I have read over the past 6 years on this terrible murder. The American public relations company has made such a good job in the media of presenting Knox as a culturally misunderstood young American girl abroad, the US public has not taken on board all the inconsistencies, lies and changes in her and Sollecito's story of where they were and what they did the night of Meredith's murder. I have a daughter not much older than Amanda, and don't want to believe Amanda could be involved, but even without the DNA results which are contested, there are too many pointers towards this pair, and their changes of story cannot be set aside with their claims of not being able to remember clearly. Read the above link before commenting further ....
JulianaAlice
Elder

http://www.familychest.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Amnesia Knox

Post by JulianaAlice on Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:05 am

http://dailyuw.com/archive/2014/02/19/features/student-through-it-all-amanda-knox-returns-uw-finish-her-final-degree-re

New article about Amanda finishing her degree. One comment on the article says she should switch from creative writing studies to studying non_fiction!  Another person refers to her as "Amnesia Knox" - a good label I thought.
JulianaAlice
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:14 pm

You know what, i put the blame fairly and squarely at the door of the Italian Police and Judiciary. If they had done their work properly in the first place and gathered the evidence and forensics together correctly, all this 'did she/didn't she' mess would be unnecessary.
This speculation is totally pointless and is only designed to sell copy, there is no way she will ever be retried for a crime she has been acquitted of, so lets all stop bringing this trial by media to an end and let her family start to rebuild their lives without that poor girl.

Last edited by Flip on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spellin'')
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicino on Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:39 pm

Flip...........totally agree, I'd be surprised if anyone who uses this forum was actually in the courtroom to hear all of the presented evidence (possibly Charlotte !? ), so it really is only media selling stories.

Probably not the first time !

V
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by JulianaAlice on Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:13 pm

Flip wrote:You know what, i put the blame fairly and squarely at the door of the Italian Police and Judiciary. If they had done their work properly in the first place and gathered the evidence and forensics together correctly, all this 'did she/didn't she' mess would be unnecessary. This speculation is totally pointless and is only designed to sell copy, there is no way she will ever be retried for a crime she has been acquitted of, so lets all stop bringing this trial by media to an end and let her family start to rebuild their lives without that poor girl.

Well, I believe you have got that wrong. The Appeal Court has upheld the conviction of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito. Knox is sentenced to 28 years and six months (including the calunnia charge) and Sollecito to 25.

As for the family, they want to see this through to the end, and see justice done, whatever that may turn out to be.  You obviously have not been keeping up with the case.
JulianaAlice
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip on Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:40 am

JA I have been keeping up with the case and what I actually meant was that A.K. will never be extradited/return of her own free will to Italy to face a Judicial hearing. Also if you have followed the case from the beginning you would know of the cataclysmic errors the Police made when first investigating this case, probably ruined any real chance of catching Meridith's ''Killer''.
Guede was probably directly involved in the murder and  I personally believe Knox is not telling all the truth, but we will never know.
As far as the Kercher family (so it has been reported) are concerned they are on record as saying they want an end to speculation and the get on with their lives and grieve for Meredith.
What I am at a loss with is, why the fascination with murder crimes, that have the ability to whip up media frenzies and bay for peoples blood without a shred of proof and based solely on ones perception of a person that one has no knowledge of other than what is reported in the press.
I think that too many people actually believe what is written in the gutter press, and take the word of a Daily Mail journo over a Judge.
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by JulianaAlice on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:36 am

I am not trying to have the last word here or prolong a discussion which some people have had enough of, and where others have stated their opinions and withdrawn.  I have read all the legal documents that have been translated into English, followed the media and read several books, some of which have been biased way or another. I have understanding of the errors that were made at the crime scene, and of the various statements made in court, and the contradictions by Knox and Sollecito over time.

I have said I have a daughter who went away to study at a similar age to Meredith and Amanda, and therefore I empathised with the families of both girls when events turned horrendous, and every parent's nightmare.  I don't think this is a "fascination", simply an interest in the desire to see justice done, however long it takes.

I agree, the Kercher family have said they want to get on with their lives, and have made the following statement to the BBC.

Meredith's sister Stephanie told a press conference in Florence: "I think we are still on a journey for the truth and it may be the fact that we don't ever really know what happened that night, which is obviously something we'll have to come to terms with."

She added: "We hope that we are nearer the end so that we can just start to remember Meredith for who she was and draw a line under it, as it were."

Her brother Lyle said he believed extradition would be appropriate "if someone has been found guilty and convicted of a murder, and if an extradition law exists between those two countries".

I expect there will be much more posted by forum members in the future.
JulianaAlice
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip on Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:00 pm

''I expect there will be much more posted by forum members in the future.''
I hope not..... Sleep 
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Original Relaxed on Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:00 pm

Flip wrote:JA I have been keeping up with the case and what I actually meant was that A.K. will never be extradited/return of her own free will to Italy to face a Judicial hearing. Also if you have followed the case from the beginning you would know of the cataclysmic errors the Police made when first investigating this case, probably ruined any real chance of catching Meridith's ''Killer''. Guede was probably directly involved in the murder and  I personally believe Knox is not telling all the truth, but we will never know.As far as the Kercher family (so it has been reported) are concerned they are on record as saying they want an end to speculation and the get on with their lives and grieve for Meredith.What I am at a loss with is, why the fascination with murder crimes, that have the ability to whip up media frenzies and bay for peoples blood without a shred of proof and based solely on ones perception of a person that one has no knowledge of other than what is reported in the press.I think that too many people actually believe what is written in the gutter press, and take the word of a Daily Mail journo over a Judge.

If, following the cassazione upholding of the recent sentence (which is likely) she isn't going to be extradited to Italy in order to face a judicial hearing, she will be extradited to face a jail sentence.
The Original Relaxed
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip on Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:32 pm

So Lax (font of knowledge) their Appeal Hearing against the Convictions which is due to be heard next year isn't a Judicial Hearing then....??
Todays Independant .

''Both she and Sollecito are appealing the reconvictions, with the case due to be heard by Italy's Supreme Court by early 2015.
Knox, 26, was sentenced to 28 years and six months in prison, while Sollecito, 29, was given a 25 year sentence. A third person who was convicted over Ms Kercher’s death, Rudy Guede, is currently serving a 16-year sentence.''

Now can we draw a line under this thread?
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro on Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:04 pm

Flip wrote:Now can we draw a line under this thread?

Flip.  Bottom right it says 'Stop watching this topic' which, I assume, can be used by those who wish to stop watching this thread.

Others might find it interesting and value other members' views on the subject.  Smile

Last edited by ghiro on Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Stop talking about Amanda?

Post by JulianaAlice on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:09 pm

ghiro wrote:Others might find it interesting and value other members' views on the subject.  Smile

Thank you Giro, I was feeling bullied and intimidated by probably more worldly members of the forum who wanted this subject closed down and assigned as a subject of interest to those with a morbid imagination and followers of the Daily Mirror.

Although I can see that over 100 people have read our postings on  this tragic murder, no one new has felt they had anything to add.

Personally I cannot set this murder aside.  I am heartfeltedly with the Kerchers on the loss of their daughter, but I know that had my child been the accused, I too would have called upon every resource that I felt might help, PR companies, the press, anything and everyone. 

If this terrible murder has come about by circumstance, drink, drugs and jealously, and not premeditation, then I ask myself, do the perpetrators deserve 28 year sentences?  I don't know.  My feelings keep going around in circles.

I know that I will continue to read every word that is published on the matter.
JulianaAlice
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton on Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:19 pm

For those that do find it of interest BBC LINK- Meeting Raffaele Sollecito

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by JulianaAlice on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:24 pm

The Guardian… our coverage of the Meredith Kercher murder trials

We are accused of focusing too much on Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito and neglecting the victim

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/mar/02/coverage-meredith-kercher-murder-trial
JulianaAlice
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro on Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:08 pm

I think many of us feel uncomfortable that the focus has been on the accused and that the victim, Meredith Kercher (and her grieving family) are almost forgotten.
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top