The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBC channels - satelite frequency change

+11
Carciofo
IRITALIA
Vicino
Flip
ghiro
chrisnotton
Perlasca
The Original Relaxed
stevegwmonkseaton
Tinca
Casa Monal
15 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

BBC channels - satelite frequency change - Page 4 Empty BBC channels - satelite frequency change

Post by Casa Monal Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

I understand from our friends in Liguria that the BBC channels are no longer available.  Apparently the BBC has changed their frequency and to continue to receive them, you need a satellite bigger than 80 cm.

Does anyone have any further info or suggestions?  I must admit that although I seldom watch telly, I do like to catch up with the news while we’re there.

Thanks flower
Casa Monal
Casa Monal
Elder

Back to top Go down

BBC channels - satelite frequency change - Page 4 Empty Re: BBC channels - satelite frequency change

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:13 pm

I can't see this being any different from having any freesat box. In fact if you still have a UK sky box it will give you access to all the freesat channels. Think the same problem will apply here in Italy i.e. access is changing and more restrictive....

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

BBC channels - satelite frequency change - Page 4 Empty Re: BBC channels - satelite frequency change

Post by lancashire lass Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:37 pm

Has anybody managed to get british channels using a uk sky card and box?

lancashire lass
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Casa Monal Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:32 pm

Our friends who have a holiday home in Spain had the same problem. They’ve bought this gadget, which works, providing of course that you have internet. Would it work in Italy I wonder?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121363513980?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Casa Monal
Casa Monal
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:32 am

Good question. If you have a TV with WiFi or a Smart TV that would probably do the same. The blurb doesn't explain exactly what it does - unless I am missing something. We have a TV that is WiFi and 'Smart' and we watch FilmOn directly on the TV. It mostly works a treat but if it doesn't then I put FilmOn on my PC and run an HDMI cable to my TV and watch it that way.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:57 am

It appears to be a ripped-off version of Apple-tv, of which there is lots of information on the web. However you watch tv over the web it comes down to your connectivity. A "smart" tv is simply another device accessing the internet, no different to this really or your pc, i-thisthat, in fact anything that hits the web...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:33 am

I have to say I love our Smart TV as no cables required. Unless the connection is a bit slow that day and I revert to the PC. Plus as we are getting older the screen is bigger Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:14 am

Admin wrote:I have to say I love our Smart TV as no cables required. Unless the connection is a bit slow that day and I revert to the PC. Plus as we are getting older the screen is bigger Laughing

Yes, if we still watched a lot of TV I think we would also have one rather than a PC/smartphone linked to it by HDMI. But I would connect it direct to the broadband via Ethernet rather than use wifi.

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Casa Monal Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:23 am

Thanks for your replies. We don’t watch enough TV when we’re there to justify any ‘major investment’. Filmon is good enough for us.
Casa Monal
Casa Monal
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4