The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here we go .........Again

5 posters

Go down

Here we go .........Again Empty Here we go .........Again

Post by Geotherm Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:23 pm

Another new PM soon........ nothing changes much!!!

http://www.thelocal.it/20140213/italys-governing-party-backs-call-for-change
Geotherm
Geotherm

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down

Here we go .........Again Empty Re: Here we go .........Again

Post by Admin Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:32 pm

So, Italy's 3rd PM in a row who has not won an election. Good to see democracy is alive and well here then.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:39 pm

The BBC had been banging on about a meeting between the two of them (Renzi and Letta) for the last few days... To be honest I thought the forum had, had enough of it all so did not post it... Never did I think dream Letta would resign....  All change again, just wonder what other great surprises they have in store for us... I suppose it would be mad to think they might do something sensible...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:56 pm

stevegwmonkseaton wrote:I suppose it would be mad to think they might do something sensible...

Like repealing the 20% withholding tax on bank transfers from outside Italy............?!  Question  Smile
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:59 pm

ghiro wrote:
stevegwmonkseaton wrote:I suppose it would be mad to think they might do something sensible...
Like repealing the 20% withholding tax on bank transfers from outside Italy............?!  Question  Smile

..yes that would be MAD!   Evil or Very Mad

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by robjw Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:29 pm

Admin wrote:So, Italy's 3rd PM in a row who has not won an election. Good to see democracy is alive and well here then.

Well I guess it would have been better if Renzi had come to power differently, but presumably it is all in compliance with Italian law. And Undemocratic ? Not really, at least no more so than many other countries interpretation of democracy. The UK, for example, doesn’t have direct elections for Prime Minister. The only people that voted for Cameron were the 90,000 or so people in his constituency, and they only voted for him to be the Member of Parliament for that constituency. It was the Conservative party who chose him to be their leader and therefore PM if they won the election. Not much different than what has happened here in Italy really. No doubt many other countries arrangements may well seem less than perfect.

robjw
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum