The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selling an Italian car and taking a scooter to the UK

3 posters

Go down

Selling an Italian car and taking a scooter to the UK Empty Selling an Italian car and taking a scooter to the UK

Post by mammamia Tue May 20, 2014 2:03 pm

Just thought I would share a bit of information for anyone who might be moving back to the UK. We had to take our Italian plated car with us to the UK because it was carrying all our stuff, so we thought it would be impossible to sell etc. BUT, it was very easy! Sold it to one of many companies based in the south east of the UK for cash. Then flew back to Italy for 3 days with the plates and the 2 bits of paperwork (ownership document and logbook) and took it to the local ACI office. There they folded up our number plates - which we had carefully brought out in hand luggage!- and we had to fill in a form to say that it was going to stay in the UK, pay 87 Euros, and walked off with revised documents (which we then had to give to the new owner) and a copy of the revised ownership document for us to keep. All very simple. I then had to send the revised ownership document with a simple form on email to ConTe (insurance) who have said they will refund the rest of my insurance within 30 days straight into my bank account (in Italy). Result!
While we were at the ACI we also gave in the plate off our little Aprilia Scarabeo scooter and paid 87 Euros again, and we then loaded the scooter on to Superman's van ready to use in the UK. Even more straightforward! For once, the system in Italy was not tortuous and relatively quick! Very Happy
mammamia
mammamia
Elder

Back to top Go down

Selling an Italian car and taking a scooter to the UK Empty Re: Selling an Italian car and taking a scooter to the UK

Post by Flip Tue May 20, 2014 2:35 pm

Thanks for the very useful info MM.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Selling an Italian car and taking a scooter to the UK Empty Re: Selling an Italian car and taking a scooter to the UK

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Tue May 20, 2014 6:59 pm

Yes a big thanks for taking the time to post the information MM, well done!

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down