Getting Married

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Getting Married

Post by FBower on Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:50 pm

My son and his partner are thinking about getting married in Lazio next August (yes, I know but she is Australian!) and although we know several locations where marriages are celebrated, it is new to us. Does anyone have any tips/know about the legalities of getting a marriage certificate in English when you get married in Italy/experienced the pitfalls? Our Commune's website has already been useful in posting prices/possible locations for a civil wedding and we intend to do the rounds of possible venues for the meal but would welcome the experiences of anyone who reads this. As we speak Italian and know the area very well we don't think the idea of a wedding planner is necessary but there are so many things we don't know.

FBower
Elder

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting Married

Post by modicasa on Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:24 am

She (the Aussie) needs to start getting her papers in order now, if your son is British, there is more paperwork than last year - the UK law has changed - they will need the nulla osta, certificate of non impediment - all translated at Milton Keynes - etc.  They get married in ITaly according to Italian law, then have to have the certificates translated back into Englihs to be acceptable in the UK

modicasa
Elder

http://www.modicasa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FBower on Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:32 pm

Thanks Modicasa - I had totally overlooked the fact that my son's partner is not European so this probably opens a new can of worms!

FBower
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMW on Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:53 pm

We got married in Italy 11 years ago (before we moved here) and we took our marriage certificate to the consulate in Florence (who were a great help with telling us what we needed to do before and after the wedding) and we were given a marriage certificate which seems to be in about 6 languages (which was also helpful when we moved here as everthing is also in Italian). I would suggest you contact the consulate in Rome and see what they say

HelenMW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top