The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Internet and mobile phone packages with "Tre" or "Three"

3 posters

Go down

Internet and mobile phone packages with "Tre" or "Three" Empty Internet and mobile phone packages with "Tre" or "Three"

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:37 pm

For those that travel back and forwards to the Uk (and elsewhere) ...

If you can get a good connection to "Tre" (or "3ITA" as it comes up on my dongle) you might want to have a look at their deal "Feel at home" where they are now not charging more for being abroad in certain countries, Italy and the UK being 2 of them. It might be useful for some. Details are here for the UK http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Phones/Feel_At_Home?intid=3mainfahrbn1501  and here for Italy http://www.tre.it/opzioni/estero/all-estero-come-a-casa. A quick look at the cost of packages and "Tre" (Italy) looks cheaper than "Three" (UK) for internet per month and may well be for your mobile... We have used both internet and mobile packages from the UK here in Italy and incurred no roaming charge..  Internet and mobile phone packages with "Tre" or "Three" Smiley

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Internet and mobile phone packages with "Tre" or "Three" Empty Re: Internet and mobile phone packages with "Tre" or "Three"

Post by alexcal Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:47 pm

hi Steve,
I have all in one (3 UK) with feel at home and it works great in Italy, it would be really good if 3ITA had this tariff: http://www.three.co.uk/Store/Pay_As_You_Go_Price_Plans so I could make cheap calls to family whilst there.

alexcal
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Internet and mobile phone packages with "Tre" or "Three" Empty Had a look at the "Tre" voice rates

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:57 pm

alexcal wrote:hi Steve,I have all in one (3 UK) with feel at home and it works great in Italy, it would be really good if 3ITA had this tariff: http://www.three.co.uk/Store/Pay_As_You_Go_Price_Plans so I could make cheap calls to family whilst there.

Had a look at the "Tre" voice rates and their site is worse than that of the UK. They do have an All-in-one deal, but it seems to be a pay monthly... Tre LINK All-in-one However the good news is your UK link, I'm sure the OH is not on that UK PAYG tariff, so a change is in order next time we are back over. If you are getting those rates here in Italy, then they seem very good. Must admit we use the OH UK mobile little and mine never, but did note this time it came up telling us we were in a "Fell at Home" area. Unfortunately the internet access via our "Three UK"  sim here in Italy was poor on 3ITA and would not roam to WIND (which it is supposed to), so I've swapped back to my WIND sim for now. It did however download the massive recent Windows update this week and it a good back-up access....

Last edited by stevegwmonkseaton on Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add space to "up telling" - typo)

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Internet and mobile phone packages with "Tre" or "Three" Empty Re: Internet and mobile phone packages with "Tre" or "Three"

Post by Panner Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:59 am

You need to be careful with the 3UK "Feel at Home" as there are restrictions.

"If you only use your plan in a Feel At Home destination for a complete month, and this happens three times within a year, we may have to suspend international roaming on your account, which would mean you wouldn’t be able to use your phone or device abroad anymore"

So it is fine for regular visitors to Italy or if making frequent trips back to the UK but may be a waste of time for others

Panner
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:45 am

Well spotted Panner thanks for that, we could well fall foul of that if we used our UK mobile or broadband that much.

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:55 am

Just a quick update on this one. We use "Three UK" both for a UK mobile phone and UK mobile broadband when over there. The mobile broadband (BB) we have also used on return to Italy with no extra cost incurred, but this was only for short periods when sorting our normal WIND mobile BB here. However the mobile phone my oh has is used all the time here in Italy on a UK PAYG plan. Up to now they have not so much as queried this long term usage in Italy (hope this is not tempting it). Not that we use the mobile for long calls, but we frequently us it for short calls and all the time for text.  They do by the way automatically switch you to the "feel at home" feature when you arrive back in Italy.

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:56 pm

stevegwmonkseaton wrote:Just a quick update on this one. We use "Three UK" both for a UK mobile phone and UK mobile broadband when over there. The mobile broadband (BB) we have also used on return to Italy with no extra cost incurred, but this was only for short periods when sorting our normal WIND mobile BB here. However the mobile phone my oh has is used all the time here in Italy on a UK PAYG plan. Up to now they have not so much as queried this long term usage in Italy (hope this is not tempting it). Not that we use the mobile for long calls, but we frequently us it for short calls and all the time for text.  They do by the way automatically switch you to the "feel at home" feature when you arrive back in Italy.

Well I did speak too soon, mind you we've been in Italy probably 9 out of 12 months. They notified us by text the phone would be cut off in 3-4 weeks... Suffice to say we are not happy with that when we are here in Italy (which they must know). Anyway complaint made, but expect no result. Main problem is that they have no alternative charging, they can only cut you off.... Just as well we have alternatives.....

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down