Abruzzolutely?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Abruzzolutely?

Post by L'uomodellaluna on Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:06 pm

Anyone know what's happening there.
They seem to have been off line for a couple of days.

I'm not a member, since I know virtually nothing about Abruzzo, but I look in most days.
I started when (I think) Annastasia mentioned Dog's passing.
avatar
L'uomodellaluna
Elder

Location : The Pennines
Posts : 91
Join date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Abruzzolutely?

Post by stevegwmonkseaton on Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:05 pm

L'uomodellaluna wrote:Anyone know what's happening there.They seem to have been off line for a couple of days.I'm not a member, since I know virtually nothing about Abruzzo, but I look in most days.I started when (I think) Annastasia mentioned Dog's passing.

Cant really answer your question as I've not contacted the person that runs the site. It's been down a few times recently, but not for this length of time. Initially the entire site was down, but now it's only the forum bit, so I guess they are having/had problems with the server. I did poke about a bit and found another Blah site was down. Fact that the Abruzzolutely home page is now there would indicate they have fixed the server, now they just need to fix the forums. If they have a lot and it was a bad error, it could take them sometime to fix. Hopefully they can fix it all and have up to date backups of the data....
No need to know anything or much about the place to join the forum, there are a number of people on there that live elsewhere in Italy.

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Location : Abruzzo
Posts : 1927
Join date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Abruzzolutely?

Post by Nielo on Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:57 pm

Sorry for any inconvenience, Abruzzolutely is down because the server can not cope with the amount of traffic.

This could either be due to Denial Of Service (bombardment) or there is a corruption in the E-Blah script.

e-Blah forum software is no longer supported so if we can not fix it, we may have to start again.

Please be assured we are working on it and thanks for your interest.

Nielo
Contributor

Posts : 10
Join date : 2013-07-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Abruzzolutely?

Post by L'uomodellaluna on Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:59 pm

Thanks for the info Nielo.
avatar
L'uomodellaluna
Elder

Location : The Pennines
Posts : 91
Join date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Abruzzolutely?

Post by stevegwmonkseaton on Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:13 pm

Yes, many thanks for the update, best of luck in getting it fixed.

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Location : Abruzzo
Posts : 1927
Join date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Abruzzolutely?

Post by The Original Relaxed on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:06 pm

Maybe you can get into the abruzzolutely.com home page, and add a message saying sorry, work in progress, hope to get it back soon? (Otherwise it looks like a dead forum to anybody new visiting.)
avatar
The Original Relaxed
Elder

Posts : 139
Join date : 2013-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Abruzzolutely?

Post by stevegwmonkseaton on Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:29 pm

The Original Relaxed wrote:Maybe you can get into the abruzzolutely.com home page, and add a message saying sorry, work in progress, hope to get it back soon? (Otherwise it looks like a dead forum to anybody new visiting.)

Looks like they have moved/are moving to new software (simplemachines), try again, there is a site at the moment.... Smile  Smile  Smile

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Location : Abruzzo
Posts : 1927
Join date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Abruzzolutely?

Post by stevegwmonkseaton on Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:49 pm

Ah well, guess that was just a try....  Sad  Sad

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Location : Abruzzo
Posts : 1927
Join date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Abruzzolutely?

Post by stevegwmonkseaton on Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:07 am

The forum (new software) is back up here Forum LINK

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Location : Abruzzo
Posts : 1927
Join date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Abruzzolutely?

Post by Rainbow Maiden on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:32 am

There is also a new Abruzzo forum here http://www.allinabruzzo.com/forum/index.php

Rainbow Maiden
Contributor

Posts : 9
Join date : 2013-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Abruzzolutely?

Post by stevegwmonkseaton on Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:46 pm

Mmmm yes. A very professional person who likes to make money perhaps? Could it be that the failure of the original Abruzzolutely forum is by chance? I have no loyalty to any forum, apart from a general feeling of needing to return something for the information I've been provided with to live here. Everyone on here are gems in some respect or other, many from a forum which is no longer a forum at all. Some of the people from there, now here, would make any forum a superb resource to find if they are looking to move here. Without an open and clear statement from the owner of this "new" Abruzzo forum, it would appear to be an engineered attempt to benefit from another's misfortune. Not a way to start a business as I see it, but perhaps I'm just out of touch. Someone on here I believe (may have been Perlasc) said about all forums ending up with conflict, is this what happens to them...? My last comment on the subject (so I say now), but beware of what you join, on any forum...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Location : Abruzzo
Posts : 1927
Join date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Abruzzolutely?

Post by Nielo on Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:58 am

It's been a bit of a tortuous time for all concerned and in the end, although we still have all the information in a back up, it proved impossible to save the old abruzzolutely forum.

We have a new one now, it's still just the bare bones and needs some work but at least it is a means for people to keep in touch.

Quite a few of the members are back and although we've lost a lot of information, some of it was very out of date and could have been confusing to new people. All the chat about the now defunct ICI & IMU tax for example. So I see this as a means to refresh the information and fortunately the members are a forums best resource and many are back already.

As for the other forum, this may well have been an attempt to provide a resource when it was unclear whether Abruzzolutely would ever manage to get back on line, and anyway it's good for people to have a choice.

Here is the link to the new forum

http://abruzzolutely.com/forum/index.php

Thank you to The Italy  Forum for allowing this discussion of another forum. It is very much appreciated

Nielo
Contributor

Posts : 10
Join date : 2013-07-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Abruzzolutely?

Post by Admin on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:08 pm

You're very welcome Nielo. Like you say - a fresh start. The very best of luck.

I have noticed however that a different member seems to have joined up with the sole intention of publicising the new forum. I hope they prove me wrong but like anyone else spamming here they will be banned.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Location : Italy
Posts : 697
Join date : 2013-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Abruzzolutely?

Post by stevegwmonkseaton on Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:36 pm

Nielo wrote:It's been a bit of a tortuous time for all concerned and in the end, although we still have all the information in a back up, it proved impossible to save the old abruzzolutely forum.We have a new one now, it's still just the bare bones and needs some work but at least it is a means for people to keep in touch.Quite a few of the members are back and although we've lost a lot of information, some of it was very out of date and could have been confusing to new people. All the chat about the now defunct ICI & IMU tax for example. So I see this as a means to refresh the information and fortunately the members are a forums best resource and many are back already.

As for the other forum, this may well have been an attempt to provide a resource when it was unclear whether Abruzzolutely would ever manage to get back on line, and anyway it's good for people to have a choice.

Here is the link to the new forum

http://abruzzolutely.com/forum/index.php

Thank you to The Italy  Forum for allowing this discussion of another forum. It is very much appreciated
Yes Admin, I don't think too many forums would allow others any access, which is a shame because they would all do so much better working together.  Well done to you both!
Hopefully Nielo you know a lot more about the setting up of this new Abruzzo forum, but someone more suspicious and perhaps a little unkind (like me)! Would be thinking, this person advertises a very good looking web site (without forum) on your old site..., your old forum is mysteriously hit and bang! There appears a new forum on their site. All that's fine if they openly come out and say thanks to the old forum, but I think I can provide choice for people!
Anyway, what does come out of it!!! There are 3 forums with different software for me to look at.... Granted it's early days, but I don't see much between them (I'm not on the new Abruzzo forum, so a bit more difficult). They all seem to have a similar feel, look, functionality and all minor limits. But it is a good chance to compare.....

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Location : Abruzzo
Posts : 1927
Join date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Abruzzolutely?

Post by Rainbow Maiden on Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:47 pm

Admin wrote:You're very welcome Nielo. Like you say - a fresh start. The very best of luck.I have noticed however that a different member seems to have joined up with the sole intention of publicising the new forum. I hope they prove me wrong but like anyone else spamming here they will be banned.

I have posted about the new forum twice. I have not joined with the sole intention of spamming. Check when I joined if you think this is the case! 

I have just returned from my first visit to Abruzzo and want to learn as much as I can about the area, so was excited that there is a new forum. I am sorry if I have done something I shouldn't but others were mentioning Abruzzolutely!

Rainbow Maiden
Contributor

Posts : 9
Join date : 2013-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Abruzzolutely?

Post by Admin on Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:51 am

My apologies Rainbow Maiden  Embarassed 

You are of course very welcome!
avatar
Admin
Admin

Location : Italy
Posts : 697
Join date : 2013-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Abruzzolutely?

Post by Lagartija Nick on Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:54 pm

I'm not a member of Abruzzolutely and have no desire to be either (personal reasons) but someone mentioned a current thread so I took a look and in it there was someone wondering what had happened to two members, so if anyone here is also a member there maybe they can pass this on.

Kazzie, is doing well and living in Torino di Sangro with her 4 dogs.

CLN had to move back due to her husband having lung cancer, he's recovered well and they now visit 3 times a year and are hoping to sell their house to buy a smaller place to retire to.
avatar
Lagartija Nick
Contributor

Location : Provincia Chieti
Posts : 11
Join date : 2014-08-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Abruzzolutely?

Post by stevegwmonkseaton on Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:19 pm

Lagartija Nick wrote:I'm not a member of Abruzzolutely and have no desire to be either (personal reasons) but someone mentioned a current thread so I took a look and in it there was someone wondering what had happened to two members, so if anyone here is also a member there maybe they can pass this on.Kazzie, is doing well and living in Torino di Sangro with her 4 dogs.CLN had to move back due to her husband having lung cancer, he's recovered well and they now visit 3 times a year and are hoping to sell their house to buy a smaller place to retire to.

Always nice to hear some good news, thanks! Very Happy

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Location : Abruzzo
Posts : 1927
Join date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Abruzzolutely?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum