The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New School for Bagni di lucca

4 posters

Go down

New School for Bagni di lucca Empty New School for Bagni di lucca

Post by lancashire lass Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:21 pm

Can anybody who lives in Bagni di lucca help me to understand the issues surrounding the new school in bagni?
As far as i can see (limited Italian) the new school will be built at the end of via Marconi where the old factory is. At least I think the vehicle entrance will be there? there is also talk of buses going there. The pedestrain entrance will be on via campiglia?
There is talk of road widening, demolishion of properties and orchards ect, but how much of this is scaremongering? and is there a lot of opposition or is it just the people who live next to the proposed school? it is hard to understand the truth of the matter. i have noticed a number of properties are now for sale in the area!!

lancashire lass
Elder

Back to top Go down

New School for Bagni di lucca Empty Re: New School for Bagni di lucca

Post by Flip Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:35 pm

Yep it's a real possibility and has been talked about for several years now. They want to put a new access road in from Via Corsena as well. There is talk of €500k purchase for the old building and land plus extra cost of building the new school (not sure if it's Primary or secondary yet) but and a BIG BUT, there is a lot of opposition to this as it's seen as a political move (also maybe some dodgy dealing afoot) so watch this space I think there is a public meeting soon so it may be put to the vote. Not sure about the Via Campiglia access road as I see that as too impracticable.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:20 pm

I have heard several versions from locals, but I have not been able to form an opinion. Obviously, a new school is always good news... or it should be. I have not had a look at the location, but I was told in June that they were conducting some soil tests... If I had a say, I would suggest to restore and convert the beautiful and dilapidated Villa Fiore into a new school. It is painful to see such a gorgeous building deteriorating.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:27 pm

I don't think Villa Fiore would suit the needs, both Primary and Secondary schools are very full in BAgni and currently not enough space at the existing school, so plan is to move either one or the other to a new site. The Mayor has said if there is a lot of opposition to that plan then they will shelve the move to Via Marconi site, but this has been a political hot potato for years now with various "plans" as options. If it happens it wont be for a good while yet trust me.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:12 pm

Needing new schools does sound good, if they are really needed... A while back we visited a near by town and there were posters everywhere with a picture of a new uni on the outskirts of the town nice and bright and shadows of shops which are closed... I would suspect at least 70% of the shops are closed down in the town!  The gist of the posters is that all this money is being spent on the Uni and the town is dead, with no jobs for the young people... ! Is this possibly the same problem?

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by lancashire lass Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:38 pm

Thanks for the info Flip, if you hear any more news on the subject can you let me know? I would like to keep up with the situation.

lancashire lass
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down