The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car tyres for sale

5 posters

Go down

Car tyres for sale Empty Car tyres for sale

Post by logitech Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:22 am

Four Firestone Multihawk tyres for sale. Size 185/65 R14 86T. Only 100 kms on them, basically a trip to and from Teramo vehicle testing station where I was told that they were wrong for the car! Just want them out of the way so no sensible offer refused. May deliver if not too far or buyer can collect. We’re in Abruzzo, Teramo/Pescara border about 20 minutes from Penne. Cost new Euros 320.00 for the four of them so not poor quality.
Please pm for further details. Thanks.

logitech
Elder

Back to top Go down

Car tyres for sale Empty Re: Car tyres for sale

Post by Geotherm Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:26 pm

What vehicle were they on, as that would help?
Geotherm
Geotherm

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down

Post by logitech Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:32 pm

Geotherm wrote:What vehicle were they on, as that would help?

1989 Alfa Spider-the garage put the wrong sized tyres on!

logitech
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:39 pm

What a very cool car.  Love it!! Smile Smile

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=1989+alfa+romeo+spider&biw=1708&bih=821&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Ya8hVMTYFsfW7Qaj04HoCw&ved=0CCAQsAQ&dpr=0.8

But surely even an Italian garage can read the size on the tyres they take off?!! Shocked
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:43 pm

I would go back to the garage that fitted them, and ask for a full refund in that case. If you have the failure notice from the MOT, then give it a try.
I know on my pajero, it has the tyre size stated on the registration document, so the garage knows and at 160+ Euros a tyre, I would soon be back at them.

Nice car, shame you had the problem
Geotherm
Geotherm

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down

Post by logitech Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:07 pm

ghiro wrote:What a very cool car.  Love it!! Smile Smile https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=1989+alfa+romeo+spider&biw=1708&bih=821&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Ya8hVMTYFsfW7Qaj04HoCw&ved=0CCAQsAQ&dpr=0.8But surely even an Italian garage can read the size on the tyres they take off?!! Shocked

It's very sweet thank you.

logitech
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by logitech Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:10 pm

Geotherm wrote:I would go back to the garage that fitted them, and ask for a full refund in that case. If you have the failure notice from the MOT, then give it a try.I know on my pajero, it has the tyre size stated on the registration document, so the garage knows and at 160+ Euros a tyre, I would soon be back at them.Nice car, shame you had the problem

Too late now. Have had the correct tyres fitted and clearly would never use that particular garage again. Sometimes it's just easier to take it on the chin/wallet!

logitech
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:34 am

So they won't fit on a Punto! Had to Google it as I would not have a clue what car tyre sizes are.... I know a car normally has 4 wheels and that's my limit!

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:25 am

Logitec they broke the law on supplying the wrong sized tyres. Your vehicle document has the tyre sizes noted on it and it is against the law for any garage to fit a tyre size not stipulated on your documents. I suggest that you were ripped off by them as they probably had a set that were 'about ' right and mugged you off with them. Go back to the garage, dump the tyres there and threaten them with a 'Denuncia' unless they refund you.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down