The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Access to the forum lost

5 posters

Go down

Access to the forum lost Empty Access to the forum lost

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:23 pm

Someone the other day mentioned in a post they had lost access to the forum for a number of days, well so did I for a few minutes. I've come across this a few times before and normally a quick clear of the browser cache and/or  cookies will clear it. This failed, as did using another browser and rebooting the PC. Having access to another device helped as I could log on to the forum on this device. A little investigation and I found a suggestion that you could "flush the DNS cache", this will tell you how Not much use being here for anyone locked out and it does make you wonder how many members could be lost due to this? Not too sure how it happens, but a little worried if it is at all possible it could be to do with this site specifically. I suspect this happened when I accessed an old link to the forum on another tab whilst I was logged in to the forum on another. Can't be sure and yes it's very convoluted and would then point to Firefox possibly screwing up my DNS. So you can either ignore this and hope it never happens (guess it could for any site) or take a look at the link and note down somewhere what to do. For those that know a little, you run a cmd, then issue a "ipconfig /flushdns" . A little (not full) investigation and a final option is to wait a day or so and the DNS entry should time out and you will by magic get access. Sorry to whoever originally said they had a problem getting access as I ignored them as being silly... and did not look to help out Embarassed

Last edited by stevegwmonkseaton on Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : incorrect spelling)

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Access to the forum lost Empty Thanks Steve

Post by Admin Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:46 pm

I wonder if this is why it has been quiet.....
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Access to the forum lost Empty Re: Access to the forum lost

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:53 pm

Admin wrote:I wonder if this is why it has been quiet.....

Ah! Hopefully that is a different reason as I've noticed (since my "are forums dead" post) that there is a lot less activity on the 3-4 that I look at on a regular basis. I guess however that it could possibly be that there is a growing problem, to do with Windows 8 or Windows anything updates... All I know is that this had never happened to me before ....

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:31 pm

Luckily I'm on Windows 7 so, hitherto, I've
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:03 pm

you're a wag Ghiro.... Laughing
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:24 pm

Well hopefully it is of some help to some...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Access to the forum lost Empty Lost Forum

Post by Sagraiasolar Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:38 am

.....  The last coupleof posts I put up did not appear on the Forum so I have been discouraged rather.  So here's trying again and just to say that a great bit of free software called CCleaner is very good at clearing out all kinds of useless rubbish.
... Windows XP.
Sagraiasolar
Sagraiasolar
Elder

http://www.originaltwist.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down