The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On Our Way!

+2
The Original Relaxed
ghiro
6 posters

Go down

On Our Way! Empty On Our Way!

Post by ghiro Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:05 pm

Since nobody else has posted yet on this fine forum in 2015 I thought I'd take the plunge!  OH & I have today booked our next trip to Casa Ghiro.  'Lucky you' I hear you cry.  Sadly not! Sad 

The main purpose of our visit is to sort out our IMU, TARES, TARSU and any other damn-fool tax the locals can dream up.  To add to our enjoyment the comune have sent us a 7 page registered letter informing us that we owe them €970 for unpaid IMU for 2009 and 2010.

When we first bought in Italy some 8 years ago our estate agent, the gorgeous Paola (according to OH {but she is!}), told us 'Keep all your receipts as Italian IT/record keeping is dreadful and unless you have the receipt you'll have to pay again when they demand payment'.  Sound advice!  And of course we've paid the IMU and of course we've got the receipts somewhere (we hope) in a drawer in Casa Ghiro.

OK! OK!  Our trip will not all be financial resolution.  I suspect we'll have a few excellent meals out. Smile  No doubt we'll meet up with friends and, perhaps, even have a stiff G&T or two with them. Smile  We might go for a walk along the beach, or a trip to the market or even go for a day's skiing in the Apennines. Smile 

Thinking about it now I actually think it's going to be fun!
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

On Our Way! Empty Re: On Our Way!

Post by The Original Relaxed Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:10 am

Oh - you do sound like a glass half full person! Very encouraging. 

Happy 2015!
The Original Relaxed
The Original Relaxed
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa C. Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:23 am

Hope you have a great trip Ghiro and that all of your taxes get sorted out without too much pain!  Here's to a great 2015 everyone. 
Lisa C.
Lisa C.
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:45 am

Ghiro, our Comune tried a similar 'Ruse' last year sending out registered letters with demands for alleged unpaid IMU from the preceding 2-3 years; needless to say it caused an uproar, as not only did they incur the wrath of the locals who had to traipse down to the offices to prove they had paid, but also the waste of Comune money sending out all these false demands via Racomandatta and paying a company to trawl through all the records to come up with the list of miscreants.
Lesson 1 in Italy, ALWAYS KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS FOR PAYMENTS. No matter from whom but especially from the Comune or other Public Bodies.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:06 am

Well done Ghiro Very Happy

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Casa Monal Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:48 pm

Hello everyone …out with the old, in with the new…hope it’s a good one  Very Happy

Good for you Ghrio…you may as well make the most of it!

We’ve also booked, just for a week not to sort out any ‘not outstanding bills’ or so I hope although we’ll have to go to the commune to sort out the refuse bill. We’ve overpaid the last five years and finally they’ve admitted it …still waiting for the new bill. *sigh*Rolling Eyes
Casa Monal
Casa Monal
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum