The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for alcool puro 94 / 98% to make Limoncello

4 posters

Go down

Looking for alcool puro 94 / 98% to make Limoncello Empty Looking for alcool puro 94 / 98% to make Limoncello

Post by EvaK Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:39 pm

Italy...pasta...ice...espresso and LIMONCELLO <3!!
I want to make mine own Limoncello when I am at home so I can think of Italy.
Unfortunately the alcohol is hard to get and very expensive in mine country and in Italy its cheap and available in the supermarkets.

Which sweet Italian will help me with some bottles of alcool puro 94 / 98 %?
It can be send to me by post! And of course I pay first.

Also...if you have the best Limoncello receipt for me...post it here, maybe I make yours receipt :-)

EvaK

Back to top Go down

Looking for alcool puro 94 / 98% to make Limoncello Empty Re: Looking for alcool puro 94 / 98% to make Limoncello

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:09 pm

EvaK wrote:Italy...pasta...ice...espresso and LIMONCELLO <3!!I want to make mine own Limoncello when I am at home so I can think of Italy.Unfortunately the alcohol is hard to get and very expensive in mine country and in Italy its cheap and available in the supermarkets.Which sweet Italian will help me with some bottles of alcool puro 94 / 98 %?
It can be send to me by post! And of course I pay first.

Also...if you have the best Limoncello receipt for me...post it here, maybe I make yours receipt :-)

Perhaps a request in Italian would be better Mad

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Looking for alcool puro 94 / 98% to make Limoncello Empty Re: Looking for alcool puro 94 / 98% to make Limoncello

Post by EvaK Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:37 pm

stevegwmonkseaton wrote:
EvaK wrote:Italy...pasta...ice...espresso and LIMONCELLO <3!!I want to make mine own Limoncello when I am at home so I can think of Italy.Unfortunately the alcohol is hard to get and very expensive in mine country and in Italy its cheap and available in the supermarkets.Which sweet Italian will help me with some bottles of alcool puro 94 / 98 %?It can be send to me by post! And of course I pay first.Also...if you have the best Limoncello receipt for me...post it here, maybe I make yours receipt :-)

Well...can you help me to write the request in Italian?? Very Happy

EvaK

Back to top Go down

Looking for alcool puro 94 / 98% to make Limoncello Empty Hardly...

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:25 pm

EvaK wrote:
stevegwmonkseaton wrote:
EvaK wrote:Italy...pasta...ice...espresso and LIMONCELLO <3!!I want to make mine own Limoncello when I am at home so I can think of Italy.Unfortunately the alcohol is hard to get and very expensive in mine country and in Italy its cheap and available in the supermarkets.Which sweet Italian will help me with some bottles of alcool puro 94 / 98 %?It can be send to me by post! And of course I pay first.Also...if you have the best Limoncello receipt for me...post it here, maybe I make yours receipt :-)
Well...can you help me to write the request in Italian?? Very Happy

Hardly... I find English hard enough! Why don't you tell everyone here a little about yourself and you never know one of our fluent Italian experts Smile  may help you out... Arrow

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:02 am

EvaK wrote:Unfortunately the alcohol is hard to get and very expensive in mine country ....
Hi EvaK.  Welcome! Smile   Let's start by establishing which is 'mine country'.
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by EvaK Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:07 am

ghiro wrote:
EvaK wrote:Unfortunately the alcohol is hard to get and very expensive in mine country ....
Hi EvaK.  Welcome! Smile   Let's start by establishing which is 'mine country'.

Hello Ghiro, thank you. Mine country is the Netherlands. Can't buy it here legal!

EvaK

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:28 pm

Hi Eva,
I think you may find that if it is illegal in Holland then sending it via post will have customs confiscate it, you could use a strong Vodka to make your Limoncello, like many in the UK do, it will not be exactly the same but better than nothing.
If you use Vodka, soak the zest of 10 lemons (wash them first to remove wax, use a Vegetable peeler to take the zest off) in the vodka for 2 to 3 weeks until it is a good yellow colour, keep all the lemon juice from the lemons and keep in refrigerator.
Then mix a bag of sugar with 1 litre of water and heat until sugar dissolved. 
Add the Vodka, about 250 ml of lemon juice to the sugar water and then you will have a sort of Limoncello, not as strong but should taste OK.

Remove the Lemon rind from the Vodka
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down