The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Google Translate 'turns interpreter'

+3
Admin
Angela Fuller
stevegwmonkseaton
7 posters

Go down

Google Translate 'turns interpreter' Empty Google Translate 'turns interpreter'

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:46 pm

Anyone tried or had a look at this (BBC link) ? Sure they will eventually get there.... Smile  Just need the app and a mobile phone to put it on now...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Google Translate 'turns interpreter' Empty Re: Google Translate 'turns interpreter'

Post by Angela Fuller Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:49 am

I have a phone Steve, just need the app...Thx for sharing...
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Google Translate 'turns interpreter' Empty Re: Google Translate 'turns interpreter'

Post by Admin Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:23 am

Google Translate never gets 'you' correct and struggles with s/he so I think I'll give it a miss for a few years!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by modicasa Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:48 am

I hate Google translate - you can see it a mile off.  A country home becomes 'a house in the green'.  Much better off with a phrase book or just mangle a few words and lots of gestures - then you cant go wrong.

modicasa
Elder

http://www.modicasa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pas55 Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:00 pm

Downloaded the new update last night(word lens) for translating documents very impressed so far
pas55
pas55
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:44 pm

I agree Google Translate is poor, but it used to be a lot worse! The more it's corrected, hopefully the better it will get Exclamation I'm sure many will use it...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Original Relaxed Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:01 pm

It sounds great fun - I'll have to speak to it in Italian and see if it manages to mangle it back into Engrish.  Smile

The extraordinary thing about it (seems to me) is that it claims to do it without a data connection. How on earth does it manage this, or is the app millions of gigabytes?

Another of those "must play with, once" apps, like the games for the cat to play on the smartphone.
The Original Relaxed
The Original Relaxed
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicino Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:08 pm

Just tried it on the sticky advert at the top of the page...........not easy keeping camera perfectly still, but the translator works really well !

My Italian is not good, but I can tweak and correct where and when the need arises. Our commune documents are sometimes REALLY difficult to understand and I'll try it on some of these !

V
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum