The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iPad Help Required

4 posters

Go down

iPad Help Required Empty iPad Help Required

Post by ghiro Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:57 pm

I freely admit I'm a technodunce. Sad   My technolife has so far been spent in the arms of PCs and Windows. 

However I've recently acquired an iPad.   And I want to be able to use it to participate in this fine forum.  But how?  Do I sign in through Safari or is there an 'app' I should find and download?

Life is full of problems! Crying or Very sad
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

iPad Help Required Empty Re: iPad Help Required

Post by modicasa Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:08 am

Sign in through Safari and then you can spend your days squinting at tiny tiny writing!

modicasa
Elder

http://www.modicasa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:51 am

As you will likely know I'm no Apple fan, but I would be surprised if the ipad gives you tiny writing, now the iphone perhaps... I'm sorry I can't give you much help Ghiro as I've not played around much with anyone's ipad. However safari is your equivalent to chrome, firefox and/or internet explorer, so should be very similar i.e. type in the web address and away you go. Harking back to Gala's problem I do recall there being something OTT with security (really a very good thing) whereby you had to set something additional to get going. Can you ellaborate on the problem?

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:20 pm

Welcome to the club, Ghiro! It is a bit frustrating to get used to it, but once you get used to it and get past some of the initial hiccups, you can't live without it. I use Safari to access the Forum and I did have a few problems abut a couple of months ago, and then, it fixed itself (or perhaps it was my son-in-law when he installed some extra applications and software when we were in San Francisco) and I have no problems now.
Oh, and you can increase or decrease the size of the writing an images to suit yourself.
If you have lots of doubts, I advise you to get the book "IPad for dummies", available through Amazon.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:29 pm

You can get Google chrome for ios (Apple devices) as an alternative to Safari  and likely Firefox by the end of the year. Chrome is supposedly available through the Apple App Store.

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum