The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New driving licence rulesand regs...

+3
Angela Fuller
Flip
Vicino
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New driving licence rulesand regs... - Page 2 Empty New driving licence rulesand regs...

Post by Angela Fuller Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

FYI...I have just seen this on another site....have others heard of this ?
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

New driving licence rulesand regs... - Page 2 Empty Re: New driving licence rulesand regs...

Post by Flying pigs Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:45 am

We only have paper ones.  They are pink and we were led to understand that these were EU ones - can't remember what the previous colour was!  However, my husband is resident in that he is registered as such as he spends more than three months in Italy, but spends less than six months so is not fiscally resident and therefore spends more than six months in the UK.  It does not seem right that he gives up his UK licence for an Italian one.

Flying pigs

Back to top Go down

New driving licence rulesand regs... - Page 2 Empty Re: New driving licence rulesand regs...

Post by Flying pigs Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:46 am

I would add that we hire cars a lot and have never had a problem with the old paper licence, in Italy or elsewhere.

Flying pigs

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying pigs Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:46 am

I would add that we hire cars a lot and have never had a problem with the old paper licence, in Italy or elsewhere.

Flying pigs

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:12 pm

Flying pigs wrote:We only have paper ones.  They are pink and we were led to understand that these were EU ones - can't remember what the previous colour was!  However, my husband is resident in that he is registered as such as he spends more than three months in Italy, but spends less than six months so is not fiscally resident and therefore spends more than six months in the UK.  It does not seem right that he gives up his UK licence for an Italian one.

Does it have an expiry date?

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying pigs Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:49 pm

No expiry date, which is why we keep it, but will have to be renewed when we reach 70 at which time we will have to get a photocard.

Flying pigs

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:12 pm

Apparently if you have the pink sticker on your licence you don't need to do anything until your 10 or 5 years (depending on your age) are up.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2