Forum Terms of service
The moderators and administrators of this forum will do their best to delete or edit any reprehensible messages that may be posted on the forum. You acknowledge that all messages posted on this forum express the opinion of their respective authors, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the moderators and administrators.
In order to ensure the moderation of this forum, any message violating the preceding provisions may be edited or deleted without notice by the moderators and administrators of the forum. Any abuse may also be sanctioned by banning or deleting the user account. We reserve the right to inform your access provider and/or the judicial authorities of any malicious behaviour.
This forum may send you electronic messages (e-mail), such as activity notifications, or newsletters, sent by Forumotion or by an administrator of this forum. You can choose in your profile preferences to receive or not each of these messages.
Click on the button 'I Agree to these terms' below :
- You acknowledge that you have read these rules in their entirety ;
- You agree to comply fully with this rules ;
- You grant moderators of this forum the right to delete, move or edit any topic at any time.
The Italy Forum is an unofficial discussional forum intended for use by people with an interest in Italy.
Please bear in mind however that the views expressed are those of the individual and not necesarily those of the Administrator or any other user of the forum.
Conditions of Use
This policy is intended to help create an atmosphere in which freedom of speech is balanced by self-discipline and a mature attitude to discussion. All interested parties are encouraged to join discussions on The Italy Forum (hereafter, "the forum").
Please note that advice given here with the best of intentions by other users of the forum may not always be correct, and that any advice given, in particular advice on the law and its application, is no substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor or professional.
Therefore any and all information you receive through the forum or via private messages, email etc. is always given on the condition that you 'use it at your own risk'.
The Administrator and members of the forum will not be held responsible for any consequences of the use of such advice. The Administrator may send you information to your email address or private messaging, via a news letter. You will however be given the option to unsubscribe to any future news letter and remove your details from our mailing list.
Opinions expressed within these forums are not necessarily the opinions of the forum owner(s) or any individuals directly or indirectly involved in this website or the companies and individuals associated with it.
No responsibility is taken or assumed for any comments or statements made on this bulletin board. The personal information of our contributors will be kept private except to comply with applicable laws or valid legal reasons.
Use of the Forum by persons aged less than 16 years old
The forum is intended for persons aged 16 years or older. Persons younger than this are welcome to register and participate but must abide by the forum rules at all times and contact one of the moderating team to inform them of their age.
Forum Rules Definitions
• "The Italy Forum" means the website known as italy.forumotion.com, its associated sites and its Management Team, owner, operator, staff and agents.
• "Forum" means the discussion forum maintained on The Italy Forum.
• "Terms of Service" means this document and any additions or amendments to it.
• "Member" means a person who has been granted a login name and password to The Italy Forum
• "Management Team" means the Administrator and moderators.
Before posting on the Forum a user is required to register as a Member.
No Member or person applying to be a Member shall represent himself as another person.
• The Forum is intended primarily for topics relating to Italy.
• Members should keep to topic.
• If a Member makes a contribution to the Forum that is inappropriate to the subject under discussion then the Member may be directed by the Management Team
• The Management Team reserves the right to modify, remove or relocate any post by a Member.
• The Management Team's decision shall be final.
Registration and Password
You agree to take full responsibility for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and shall be responsible for all uses via your registration and/or login, whether or not authorised by you. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use or your registration, user account or password. You may not have more than one user account. Duplicate accounts are likely be removed or blocked without notice.
Conduct of Discussion
Messages posted on the Forum must not be:
• The use of swear words or any undue profanity is prohibited.
Members must not post anything that is, or could reasonably be interpreted as:
Members must not post anything that, if it were posted, would:
• Contravene any law of the United Kingdom
• Expose the Management Team or the website to liability, be it civil or criminal or both
Members must not
• Make reference to the personality of another person
• Attack another person's character unless the person in question has already brought his or her personality into the issue under discussion.
• Members must not engage in one-to-one arguments, disagreements or disputes of a personal nature.
Members remain legally responsible for any messages they may post.
Members and any other users of the website agree to indemnify them and the Management Team and any sub-contractors against any liability arising from any breach of:
• Any other intellectual property right
• Committed in connection with their use of the Forum.
• Members and any other users of the website agree to indemnify them and the Management Team and any sub-contractors against any liability arising from any breach of Term 4.
• Members and any other users of the website agree to indemnify it and the Management Team and any sub-contractors in respect of any costs or expenses arising from conducting or defending proceedings arising from a publication by the Member contrary to Term 4 or Term 6.1.
Views Expressed to be Those of Members
The views expressed in any message on the Forum are those of the Member who published them and not of the Forum, the website, the Management Team or any other person.
• Members agree to any personal information they may have submitted to the Forum, the website or the Management Team being stored on a database.
• Members agree that if required to do so by any legitimate organisation investigating matters of a criminal or professional standards nature, the Management Team shall if necessary release whatever information he holds on specified Member(s) to assist such an investigation.
• The Forum, the website or the Management Team shall not be liable for any hacking attempt that may lead to this data being compromised or any loss that may result.
• Except with consent of that person, Members must not post private information about another person.
• Subject to the following exceptions no advertising of products or services, or any other thing, is permitted unless posted on the For Sale, To Swap or Wanted boards.
• The Management Team permits advertising to appear in Member's signatures.
• Within the context of any discussion, information about locating and sharing specific products and expertise is permitted.
Management Team's Right to Edit etc. Messages and Members
• The Management Team retains the absolute right to edit, amend, modify, relocate, remove or otherwise change any message posted on the Forum for any reason.
• The Management Team retains the absolute right to ban any Member from the forum, either on a temporary or permanent basis, should he consider it necessary.
• The Management Team need not supply a member with a reason as to why he has exercised his powers under this section.
• The Management Team's decision is final.
Removal of Accounts, Posts and Topics
From time to time we are asked to "delete my account and all my posts and topics".
The answer to this is that we do not delete posts en masse as a matter of policy. There are several reasons for this policy:
It is technically fiddly and time-consuming to delete all of a user's posts, and to be frank the moderators and I have better things to do with our time
Mass deleting posts like this will probably leave holes in threads which may make those threads difficult to understand
Even if we did delete every single post, your comments would remain wherever they were quoted by someone else
If you have abided by our forum rules, then there shouldn't be any reason to delete your posts
As for deleting accounts, we don't do this either. If you do not wish to use the forum any more, then simply stop visiting. Your account will remain dormant.Complaints
Any person who has a complaint in relation to the forum or the website may contact any member of the Management Team.Jurisdiction
The use of the website shall be governed by the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.Additional note:
No personal attacks will be tolerated. It is fine to have a debate, even a heated one, but do not resort to attacking the poster. Any information or articles quoted on the Forum should be properly attributed to their author - where possible with a link. If you have quoted out of context or amended any part of the quote or article, you should clearly indicate this. The quoted section should be either in italic, quotes or another colour to indicate it is not of your own creation. What to do if somethings offends or upsets you: In the first instance please contact the person who made the offending / upsetting comment via Private Message and explain to them (calmly and logically) what you found so offending or upsetting. This gives them the opportunity to put right any offence or upset. If this does not resolve the issue or you feel it is so grave that you cannot contact the poster please refer it to Admin via the Private Message system.