The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ITALIAN RESEARCHERS FIND CURE FOR GENETIC DISEASES THROUGH HIV VIRUS

2 posters

Go down

ITALIAN RESEARCHERS FIND CURE FOR GENETIC DISEASES THROUGH HIV VIRUS Empty ITALIAN RESEARCHERS FIND CURE FOR GENETIC DISEASES THROUGH HIV VIRUS

Post by Gala Placidia Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:47 pm

We always thought that the HIV virus was a killer. Italian researchers have found out that it is not always the case.:
Italian research results
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

ITALIAN RESEARCHERS FIND CURE FOR GENETIC DISEASES THROUGH HIV VIRUS Empty Re: ITALIAN RESEARCHERS FIND CURE FOR GENETIC DISEASES THROUGH HIV VIRUS

Post by ghiro Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:01 pm

Amazing indeed GP.  But not entirely new as this report from Sept 2011 shows: http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20948-double-whammy-gene-therapy-clears-hiv-from-body.html#.UeB3022G62k

Agreed that HIV/Aids used to be considered a killer (Freddie Mercury, Kenny Everett etc).  But I expect that with advances in medical science before too long it will be eradicated, exactly like smallpox has been.

PS Once, a long time ago, I used to be a doctor Smile
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

ITALIAN RESEARCHERS FIND CURE FOR GENETIC DISEASES THROUGH HIV VIRUS Empty Re: ITALIAN RESEARCHERS FIND CURE FOR GENETIC DISEASES THROUGH HIV VIRUS

Post by Gala Placidia Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:07 am

I saw it last night on Spanish TV and they added that particular research has been going on since 1996. I guess that they will keep on finding other uses and it seems to be that certain types of cancer can also be treated this way. It was very moving to see those little children who have been cured through this research. I agree with you, in a few years, HIV/AIDS will be under control. I only wish that more money was spent on research.
Don't you miss your profession?
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down