The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boosting membership.

+16
Carciofo
FBower
Sagraiasolar
Vicino
LisaSard
Smeralda
Lisa C.
The Original Relaxed
Admin
Centauro
Miss Demeanor
Gala Placidia
Geotherm
ghiro
stevegwmonkseaton
Flip
20 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Boosting membership. Empty Boosting membership.

Post by Flip Thu May 30, 2013 1:46 pm

Hi guys as we struggle around the 40 mark for members is it about time to go on a membership drive to open up the Forum to new members?
I have just Tweeted details of our new Forum to my followers, why not do the same with yours or can you use any other means to wake up the Italian Loving Community to the Best Italy Forum yet (Probably)
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Boosting membership. Empty Re: Boosting membership.

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Thu May 30, 2013 3:26 pm

Great idea, think getting a google rating is perhaps also important, not too sure how that's done?

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Thu May 30, 2013 4:40 pm

Flip wrote:I have just Tweeted details of our new Forum to my followers

Hmmmmmmm. This makes me wonder whether I'm still living in the Dark Ages Shocked
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Thu May 30, 2013 4:44 pm

ghiro wrote:

Hmmmmmmm. This makes me wonder whether I'm still living in the Dark Ages Shocked

Many of us must be, as don't use facebook or twitter!!!!
Geotherm
Geotherm

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Thu May 30, 2013 5:11 pm

I have contacted prospective members, but I think that people may be checking us to see what happens and may be waiting to see what goes on here. So it is up to us to prove that this can be an interesting forum...Rome wasn't built in a day....
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Thu May 30, 2013 6:29 pm

Geotherm wrote:
ghiro wrote:

Many of us must be, as don't use facebook or twitter!!!!

Thank you GP. I really believed I was the only person in 2013 who didn't have a facebook or twitter account. It's great (unlike Greta Garbo) not to be alone Smile
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Thu May 30, 2013 7:44 pm

Oh no... ass book and twatter (thought I'd check out the control on here) I never use .... Perhaps there is a place for such things, but they are so insecure at the moment and no one knows where things are going with the web. Best be cautious and if you die ignorant, perhaps you will also die without being splattered all over the web.... pirat

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Thu May 30, 2013 8:53 pm

stevegwmonkseaton wrote:Best be cautious and if you die ignorant

No contest! I'm ignorant Embarassed
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Fri May 31, 2013 7:11 am

As long as you have a Strong Password and have some form of Internet protection (Firewall, Anti Virus, MalAware etc) using any Social Media is safe as long as you don't accept invites from people you don't know, and the worst that can happen is they post something naughty in your name.
Also only put information about yourself that you are happy with the World knowing, and never have Personal Contact details available (house address, date of Birth etc)
Still you should probably all know that if you are on here.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:29 pm

Now, I am getting a bit upset. We seem to be stucked at 49 members for a few days now, without reaching the 50 mark... Any ideas? Idea
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:45 pm

Hold a Raffle. Give away prizes (like MD's Jelly Beans) to the next 5 people to register. alien
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:52 pm

Gala Placidia wrote:Now, I am getting a bit upset. We seem to be stucked at 49 members for a few days now, without reaching the 50 mark... Any ideas? Idea
Think many have got so used to the other place, they do not want to move.!!!
Geotherm
Geotherm

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:31 pm

Perhaps we are being watched...
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:51 pm

We must be being watched, as tried to sign in to the other place and told there were too many failed login attempts, despite not trying for the last couple of weeks. Very sad people running it now, they do not like to have negative comments, but some old members will stay with it.
Geotherm
Geotherm

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Demeanor Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:27 pm

Lemme tell it how it is... or at least how I see it and I'll be polite and diplomatic as Gala's knees are giving her a bit of jip at the moment.

Many members here seem to have "Login problems" over the road for some unknown reason (read between the lines) and therefore, we can not contact our friends there to tell them that we have moved and are having a housewarming party here in our new abode.

I can only wonder why that has happened (I know you are all still reading between the lines here) but unless people know we exist we wont grow.

History repeats itself - time and time again - and it's certainly more than once that I've travelled around this exact same block.
Miss Demeanor
Miss Demeanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:13 pm

Flip wrote:Hold a Raffle.

Geotherm's Citroen Xsara springs to mind. Very Happy
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Centauro Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:14 pm

Miss Demeanor wrote: ..... Many members here seem to have "Login problems" over the road for some unknown reason (read between the lines) and therefore, we can not contact our friends there to tell them that we have moved and are having a housewarming party here in our new abode.

Boosting membership. Screen10
(Thought I'd stick this in before it gets wiped OTR.)

If they had put as much effort into fixing what's wrong over the road as they do into keeping us out, there'd have been no need for this new forum to have been created in the first place! Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Centauro on Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addendum)
Centauro
Centauro

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:07 am

I see it as a total lack of elementary manners and disrespect towards members who have devoted time and effort to keep the Forum-Community going. No warning of what was going to happen, sudden deletion of PMs... Yes, it is a private business and they can run it the way they want; however, if you decide unilaterally actions which may affect others, these should be advised of what is going to happen. Diplomacy is a useful concept to consider before taking drastic measures.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Demeanor Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:16 am

Gala, I am so glad you have written that post. Finally, you now also see what "we" were all screaming about for many years.

Anyway, harping on about "that place" does nothing to boost our membership here. I'll try to find some time to do some decent posts later today.
Miss Demeanor
Miss Demeanor

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:40 am

A lot was done for this by a number of original posts related to common queries that people coming to Italy search for. This is/was a very good idea, but to be successful then your web pages have to have a high search ranking. I've tried a few searches of unique words/phrases from here, they don't come up in google. Try a Google of "Real Ale In Abruzzo" and see the top ranked result... Don't know how you improve this, have looked and there is lots of info on it, but I guess also lots of people wanting to improve their ranking... Can't see anything specific or instant to gain a better ranking... I suspect having the word "Abruzzo" in the site title helps, but this site does have "Italy", but that may be just too broad based...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:04 pm

stevegwmonkseaton wrote:A lot was done for this by a number of original posts related to common queries that people coming to Italy search for. This is/was a very good idea, but to be successful then your web pages have to have a high search ranking. I've tried a few searches of unique words/phrases from here, they don't come up in google. Try a Google of "Real Ale In Abruzzo" and see the top ranked result... Don't know how you improve this, have looked and there is lots of info on it, but I guess also lots of people wanting to improve their ranking... Can't see anything specific or instant to gain a better ranking... I suspect having the word "Abruzzo" in the site title helps, but this site does have "Italy", but that may be just too broad based...

Have done the same as you Steve. Checked the Google page rank checker and there is no ranking ( this is for italy.forumotion.com). If you put in "The Italy Forum" on a normal search there is nothing shown. Put in a search for italy.forumotion.com and then the site comes up.
Geotherm
Geotherm

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:55 pm

Yes, I have had the same experience. You cannot easily find The Italy Forum and this is a handicap. I am not familiar with what needs to be done to improve accessibility, but perhaps other member, more knowledgeable, may help.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:05 pm

Patience please folks. Admin has been on her hols, well moving house, and has a 2 year-old and a day job so spare time is on the short side. SEO is on my list of things to do. I have been trialling a restyle but it is a work in progress. Watch this space!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:23 pm

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we all really appreciate your efforts Penny.

No criticism is implied. All we want eventually is a bigger and better 'Italy Forum'. Smile
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Centauro Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:35 pm

ghiro wrote:I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we all really appreciate your efforts Penny.

No criticism is implied. All we want eventually is a bigger and better 'Italy Forum'. Smile

Seconded ! Boosting membership. Bigkis10
Centauro
Centauro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum