The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

101 Things in Italy to put on your Bucket List

4 posters

Go down

101 Things in Italy to put on your Bucket List Empty 101 Things in Italy to put on your Bucket List

Post by ghiro Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:07 pm

I'm sure each and very one of us have done or seen or tasted or experienced something really exceptional in Italy that we would thoroughly recommend to the other members and guests of this forum.

Let me start with a trip to Lerici on the Bay of Poets, perhaps on a sunny Saturday morning.  After you've wandered through the market and admired Percy B Shelley's house from a distance you then take yourself to the main square where you find Il Pescatore.  Sit outside under a large white parasol and delight in the best fish meal that a €37.50 fixed-price menu can buy.  Antipasti, pasta, grilled fish, fried fish, sorbet and caffe washed down by limitless vino bianco (and acqua as required).  It's a heavenly fusion of food, drink and location - and one not to be missed. Smile 

Now for the next 100?  Question  Shocked
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

101 Things in Italy to put on your Bucket List Empty Re: 101 Things in Italy to put on your Bucket List

Post by Vicino Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:02 am

FANTASTIC ghiro..............

I have yet to enjoy that part of the country, but hopefully soon, the fact that you have underlined the word 'best', says to me it is a must do !

I look forward to the next 100, I might have to pop one or two in myself.........

Now let me think !

V
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

101 Things in Italy to put on your Bucket List Empty Re: 101 Things in Italy to put on your Bucket List

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:53 pm

We have just arrived back in Italy after 3 months plus back in the UK. One of our longest visits back to the UK since buying here 3 years ago. No interest whatsoever in relics, we are relics ourselves, or getting on that way. So visiting here to see other places is not on our agenda. We did visit a few places here in Italy many years ago, all were great and very different Milan we loved, as we did both  Northern Tuscany and Chiantishire,which despite it's obvious "educated" visitors was a beautiful place... Still remember now travelling down the fi-pi-li and cutting off across through Certaldo, stopping there on a sun baked afternoon, place dead and eating fresh toms and crusty bread from the only place open - supermarcato ! Then onwards to our remote accommodation 20-30 minutes outside of Siena... A stunning converted farm with views of Siena in the distance from the pool, 5-6 self-catering buildings with beautiful patios leading into superbly laid out gardens to which a family of badgers visited every night. On the first night we were there for the 3rd visit two German lads arrived very late and as we sat quietly enjoying the balmy night we could here their excitement of their arrival in paradise. Heard the cork plop, windows creek open... Then we were blown away by one of the guys sitting at the window reading poetry (in German of course), it was so surreal! These small things are those that we love so much about being here - so,glad to be back...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicino Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:12 pm

Welcome back oh aged one !  You have missed winter (as we all have round here in Le Marche !)

I must admit one of the things that we would like to experience again is our first impressions of where we live. Now that we too are 'relics', we often wonder what our first time guests and visitors think. We now know where and when to go, what to eat, what to drink, which festas we like, etc etc.........as well as all the other little special things that happen around here. It is all jaw droppingly good for the first timers !

V
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:03 am

Staying at Torre di Bellosguardo in Florence to have that view of the rooftops from their swimming pool and feel like it is your very own Renaissance Villa (the service is very, very discreet). Then use their private staircase that leads directly into Florence and wander round the artisan workshops in Santo Spirito (south of the river).

I'd do it tomorrow if I could!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

101 Things in Italy to put on your Bucket List Empty It looks superb..

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:53 pm

Admin wrote:Staying at Torre di Bellosguardo in Florence to have that view of the rooftops from their swimming pool and feel like it is your very own Renaissance Villa (the service is very, very discreet). Then use their private staircase that leads directly into Florence and wander round the artisan workshops in Santo Spirito (south of the river).I'd do it tomorrow if I could!

It looks superb.... Location views are similar to a place we stayed just outside of Siena -
Hotel Borgo Grondaie, but that does not match the elegance of the above... still it is/was only a quarter the price...  Smile  Smile

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum