The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bank account questionaire..

4 posters

Go down

Bank account questionaire.. Empty Bank account questionaire..

Post by flyingveepixie Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:59 am

Has anyone with an italian bank account been asked by their bank to fill in a 'Decreto legislato 21 Novembre 2007 N.231 questionario per adeguata della clientella'  ?

I received a letter from Unicredit who charge me merrily every month for holding a non resident account with them to come to the branch to do this on 6th June this year and if I didn't attend my account would be blocked. I wrote to them and explained that it wouldn't be possible as I live in England and would they please not block my account as I need it to pay my enel bills etc.  They have sent me the questionaire through the post (received today) and I've filled it in to the best of my ability.  So far my account hasn't been blocked.....

As far as I can understand it's some kind of anti money laundering measure but it would be interesting to know if this is a normal scenario or if I've been singled out for some more sinister reason......
flyingveepixie
flyingveepixie
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Bank account questionaire.. Empty Re: Bank account questionaire..

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:10 pm

Yes we have friends here that had to do the very same. Not too sure but believe there was a post on this subject on this or another forum, will try to find it for you.

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Bank account questionaire.. Empty Something to have a look at...

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:32 pm

flyingveepixie wrote:Has anyone with an italian bank account been asked by their bank to fill in a 'Decreto legislato 21 Novembre 2007 N.231 questionario per adeguata della clientella'  ?I received a letter from Unicredit who charge me merrily every month for holding a non resident account with them to come to the branch to do this on 6th June this year and if I didn't attend my account would be blocked. I wrote to them and explained that it wouldn't be possible as I live in England and would they please not block my account as I need it to pay my enel bills etc.  They have sent me the questionaire through the post (received today) and I've filled it in to the best of my ability.  So far my account hasn't been blocked.....As far as I can understand it's some kind of anti money laundering measure but it would be interesting to know if this is a normal scenario or if I've been singled out for some more sinister reason......
 a post from our local forum may confirm you are not alone, it also has an Ialymag link (I've not looked at it) Abbruzolutely LINK

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingveepixie Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:12 pm

Thanks Steve. I'll go and have a look.
flyingveepixie
flyingveepixie
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lancashire lass Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:31 pm

It sounds like the form we have just had to fill in. They sent it to us but we couldn't do anything with it until we went to Italy. They didn't threaten to close or block the account though.

lancashire lass
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by modicasa Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:08 am

Yep. its all part of the antiriciclaggio laws - well it was brought in when they decided to do the great 20% 'escrow' thing last year, which got shelved.  But the accompanying documentation didnt get shelved, so now lots more useless paperwork to do!

modicasa
Elder

http://www.modicasa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum