The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bucket List

3 posters

Go down

Bucket List Empty Bucket List

Post by ghiro Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:45 pm

OH & I have recently returned from a few days in the Dolmites.  Spectacular!  Wonderful! Smile 

Have you been there?  If not, do please go.  Believe me you won't regret it.  Just add the Dolomites to your 'bucket list'.
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Bucket List Empty Re: Bucket List

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:48 am

We have not been, but the kids have been a number of times, but for snowboarding. Is there more to this place than snow? Must say the pictures they have taken are wonderful, but then again I always think these places with massive mountains, beautiful bright snow against blue clear sky look  superb. Any particular place you liked G?

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:35 pm

Good questions Steve! Smile 

I think the major attraction is the scenery with the majestic mountains.  Whether you combine that with winter sports, spring flowers or hiking/biking in the summer is up to you.  Also, if you're a history buff, you can explore the front line between the Italians and Austrians in WW1.

Talking of which we had previous visited the very Italian Cortina d'Ampezzo to the south.  On this occasion we were further north around Corvara where (although also in Italy) German was the first language and the food very Germanic! Sad
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicino Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:25 am

Another place to go in the dolomites is Madonna di Campilgio for ski/snowboarding. Bolzano (residents there also prefer German/Austrian tastes and language). The whole ski area is usually taken over by the Ferrari F1 racing team (http://www.campigliowrooom.it/lang/EN/eventi/elenca_per_categoria/da_oggi) every year for a 'bash' !

The village (?) of Bolzani is GREAT around the Christmas time with wonderful town centre and Christmas markets. There is also Ötzi – the Iceman................highly recommend it !

V
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum