The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avon Skin so Soft

+3
stevegwmonkseaton
Gala Placidia
Flip
7 posters

Go down

Avon Skin so Soft Empty Avon Skin so Soft

Post by Flip Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:27 am

Been trying to track down a supply of Avon Skin so soft, (the one that counters Zanzare attacks) got an Avon Italy catalogue and really having difficult tracking it down in there; I think is the Original Dry Oil Spray if I'm not mistaken but if anyone knows which one/what page etc to help, as my OH has allergic reactions to any Deet based ones and this allegedly works.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Avon Skin so Soft Empty Re: Avon Skin so Soft

Post by Gala Placidia Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:42 pm

I think that you should be able to get it from Amazon. On the other hand, your OH could try Neem Oil ( I get it from Betti's Pharmacy downtown.) I also have problems with DEET repellents and my neighbor recommended it. Great product with multiple uses.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:33 pm

I think what work for one person may or may not work for another... OH always is hit by the biters more than me and only deet seems to give any result. Skin so soft was tried and we still have the bottle here, so it's "Avon Skin So Soft Original Dry Oil Body Spray" and I do recall finding information on the web about the change made to the label for the product some time back.  We did indeed get it from Amazon.co.uk, but could not find delivery to Italy, someone brought it over for us in 100ml bottles. OH found an Italian sold product that contained picaridin worked as well as deet products, but like I said I think it varies from person to person. The product was "punto zero" by "Cifo".

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:48 pm

Have tried Neem oil and no effect, as Steve says it depends on individuals. Just wanted to try a different thing.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:10 pm

It is true, each person reacts differently. Some doctors recommend to take Vitamin E capsules... But I am not sure whether it was that or the neem that helped in my case. Here are some useful recommendations http://www.medicaldaily.com/four-best-bug-repellents-deet-ir3535-picaridin-oil-lemon-eucalyptus-most-effective-says-ewg-247785
In any case, I may suggest that you contact one of the local chemists who are always helpful and knowledgeable.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:28 pm

I think unless you are 100% certain what's biting you, it is extremely difficult to know what to use. I have noticed over time that the women seem to suffer more than the men. Now I could be controversial  and say they just complain more, but my theory I find more amusing.... the men have more hair on their arms and legs.... Very Happy

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:04 pm

We are also sweeter... That explains everything Razz:P
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:14 pm

Gala Placidia wrote:We are also sweeter... That explains everything Razz:P

Granted, some are... Laughing

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:21 am

I would never use Deet but do use Neem Oil for all sorts of things and wouldn't be without it.  I have tried the Avon product but it doesn't work on me.  Fortunately the little biters rarely have a nibble so I suppose I don't taste very sweet !
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicino Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:18 pm

I'm a big tough person from 'up norf', creams, oils, toughen up !!

Razz
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:47 pm

A very interesting thread for those of us from the 'soft souf'! 

Certainly the current view at Casa Ghiro is that the insects that bite and those than sting are more numerous and vicious this summer than in previous years (allowing for the fact that last year they were all probably drowned by the incessant rain!).
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa C. Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:50 pm

stevegwmonkseaton wrote:I think what work for one person may or may not work for another... OH always is hit by the biters more than me and only deet seems to give any result. Skin so soft was tried and we still have the bottle here, so it's "Avon Skin So Soft Original Dry Oil Body Spray" and I do recall finding information on the web about the change made to the label for the product some time back.  We did indeed get it from Amazon.co.uk, but could not find delivery to Italy, someone brought it over for us in 100ml bottles. OH found an Italian sold product that contained picaridin worked as well as deet products, but like I said I think it varies from person to person. The product was "punto zero" by "Cifo".
We have recently been using this product which seems to work well:  Sawyer Premium Insect Repellent 20% Picaridin 4oz.
I too, do not like using Deet.  Apparently, Picaridin has been used for quite some time in Europe.  We read about this product in "Consumer Reports", a USA publication.  It was given a 96% effective rate.  It does not have a bad smell either.  I have found it to repel mosquitoes and biting gnats.  It is also supposed to work against tics.
Lisa C.
Lisa C.
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum