The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SII Water Readings

3 posters

Go down

SII Water Readings Empty SII Water Readings

Post by mlinsin Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:28 pm

Hi all,

this might sound like a silly question but for someone who lives abroad and tries to manage the water bill in Umbria, not so trivial :-)

For the last 12 months or so, the water bills we received from SII always had the estimated water consumption on the bill

I have learned from a local that there are 2 options with regards to the water reading

1. You opt to have your consumption be estimated every month and then once a year or so, you provide an actual reading at which time the actual consumption (and difference) is determined and the account  is balanced, so you either pay up or you get money back.

2. You provide the actual water reading from the reader in the street and one can do this online

Are these 2 options the actual options we have?
Do I need to select one of them and then stick to it for the year?

If this is the case, how often do I have to record the actual water reading?
We live abroad and are not in our house on a regular basis so to do this monthly or even on a bi-monthly basis is not practical for us

If we go with the estimated option, when do we need to report the actual consumption? Is there a dead line?
Is this done annually, twice a year, what is the frequency?

I was actually hoping that we can go for the "estimate option" and then whenever we are at the house, I can just take the actual reading and provide
this so that at this time, there is a reconciliation with the estimate (and maybe even an adjustment of the future estimate)
Is this an option?

Interestingly enough, I have the same question also for the gas consumption which is also estimated.

It seems that only ENEL reads the actual electrical consumption from the reader

thanks for the info
mlinsin
mlinsin
Elder

Back to top Go down

SII Water Readings Empty Re: SII Water Readings

Post by Dembrandt Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:32 pm

My local Aqua place reads it every now and then - when someone it there to let them see it and from then on make an estimate. I also now can get the bill digitally which has helped a lot. Basically I am paying a standard connection fee even though using no water. With the Enel question I have no idea why, when no power is used at all, they come up with huge bills after reading the meter. I expect it is because I am no longer registered as a resident - so it has become astronomical..... very irritating.

Dembrandt
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by michelangelo Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:21 am

If you log on to their site http://www.siiato2.it/ and then click on servizi online I'd imagine you will be able to carry out most of your transactions online including the recording of your readings.  I'm with Umbra Acque and I can insert readings on a bi-monthly basis (they offer a 5 day window of dates to do it).  If nothing has been used I insert the same reading each time until the next time I've used enough.  You can also insert your gas readings in the same way if you are registered online.  Eni are in the process of changing all the meters to electronic readers and many of my neighbours have them now.  I just check the dates on the bills when they want the readings and record the info in my B/F in Outlook.

michelangelo
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down