The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to add a photo

3 posters

Go down

How to add a photo Empty How to add a photo

Post by Admin Wed May 22, 2013 8:57 am

OK, I have been asked how you add a photo so  have tried it out to see.

The easiest way is to insert an image link to a photo on the web e.g. Flickr or Google Photos or something else. You will see there is a button that looks like a photo and says 'Image' when you hover over it. Use this to insert a link to your photo.

The more convoluted way is to get Forumotion to host it via their hosting company Servimg. To do this click on the button to the left of the Image button. This says 'Host an image' when you hover over it. Click on this as browse for your image and click 'host'. This will then give you 3 addresses. Highlight the bottom one (I found the copy button didn't work in Firefox) and CTRL C to copy the address. Then click the Image button and use the address you copied to link to your image. Personally I found the first option easier!

You can add an avatar or image to your profile and that works in the normal way - i.e. just upload a file.

I have enabled galleries which at the moment requires me to OK the images but I will turn that off. If you see any offensive images please do let me know and I will deal with them. Uploading files to the gallery is easier in that you just upload the file by browsing for it from your PC.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

How to add a photo Empty Re: How to add a photo

Post by Kay Hoss Tue May 28, 2013 5:34 pm

Is it just me? When I press supposed Image Button I get this

*NEW* Mirror Image Button Down Top in Cream/Multi sz 1Xe Exclamation

Kay Hoss
Kay Hoss
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Tue May 28, 2013 5:42 pm

Are you trying to upload the image to the gallery, or just to a post?
Geotherm
Geotherm

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down