The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A couple of points....

4 posters

Go down

A couple of points.... Empty A couple of points....

Post by Admin Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:04 pm

I thought it appropriate to amend the very few Forum rules we have to make a couple of points clear that were previously wishy washy (or just plain unclear):

1. Quoting from other sources
Any information or articles quoted on the Forum should be properly and clearly attributed to their author - where possible with a link. If you have quoted out of context or amended any part of the quote or article, you should clearly indicate this. The quoted section should be either in italic, quotes or another colour to indicate it is not of your own creation.

This is to protect both yourself and this Forum as misquoted authors can get pretty irate. Twisted Evil 

2. What do I do if something offends or upsets me?
In the first instance please contact the person who made the offending / upsetting comment via Private Message and explain to them (calmly and logically) what you found so offending or upsetting. This gives them the opportunity to put right any offence or upset.
If this does not resolve the issue or you feel it is so grave that you cannot contact the poster please refer it to Admin via the Private Message system.

Email and any electronic message system is an imperfect method of communication and sometimes comments can be misconstrued or misinterpreted. If something someone says upsets or offends you please give that person the opportunity to put this right away from public scrutiny.

I have updated the Forum rules and FAQ's to reflect this.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Formatting)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

A couple of points.... Empty Re: A couple of points....

Post by Flip Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:56 pm

Thanks Penny, this needed to be pointed out and hopefully will pour a bit of oil on the troubled waters.

Sometimes it takes someone to step up and confront an issue and I am very glad to see that things get sorted quickly and not left to seethe unmentioned as it was on a certain other forum.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:58 pm

Both 1) and 2) are very sensible and I support them both.

You are so right under 2) that emails, PMs and post can easily be 'misconstrued or misinterpreted'.
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by The Original Relaxed Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:13 pm

Flip wrote:will pour a bit of oil on the troubled waters. 

Oh, as always, I'm behind the curve: what troubled waters? where! This is a serious need to know sitch Cool
The Original Relaxed
The Original Relaxed
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:57 am

Lax search the Chestnuts.......
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down