The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ashes series and other sports

+4
SirTK
ghiro
Geotherm
mammamia
8 posters

Go down

The Ashes series and other sports Empty The Ashes series and other sports

Post by mammamia Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:54 am

We too have been enjoying the Ashes series immensely, having not seen any cricket for 10 years since moving out here. However, we have been using www.wiziwig.com as recommended by a friend, and it is brilliant! We can hook onto it through our computer, and play it on our tv without using the portal. We have also watched through wiziwig Tour de France and the Golf! Suggest that if you are interested in sport you have a go. You will be offered a subscription payment to watch it HD, but if like us, you are having in SD (and I can't see the difference!) it is free! Enjoy!Smile
mammamia
mammamia
Elder

Back to top Go down

The Ashes series and other sports Empty Re: The Ashes series and other sports

Post by Geotherm Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:08 pm

Thanks Mammamia, will have a good look at it!!!
Geotherm
Geotherm

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down

Post by mammamia Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:10 pm

Hope you enjoy the next test! We will be watching it!
mammamia
mammamia
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:29 pm

Excellent information mammamia. Smile Smile   Thank you!
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

The Ashes series and other sports Empty Clarification?

Post by SirTK Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:15 am

mammamia wrote:We too have been enjoying the Ashes series immensely, having not seen any cricket for 10 years since moving out here. However, we have been using www.wiziwig.com as recommended by a friend, and it is brilliant! We can hook onto it through our computer, and play it on our tv without using the portal. We have also watched through wiziwig Tour de France and the Golf! Suggest that if you are interested in sport you have a go. You will be offered a subscription payment to watch it HD, but if like us, you are having in SD (and I can't see the difference!) it is free! Enjoy!Smile

Looked at wiziwig and registered but was then redirected to a betting site which wants me to register to open an account with them before I get any viewing. 

Just to clarify, is this how it's done or am I missing something? I'm not po-faced about it or anything, just not a betting man. But if it's OK I'll go ahead and register.

TK

SirTK
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:17 am

Google "wiziwig legal" ... Yes I'm sure people use these things and have no problem, but unless someone I know has used it, are very IT literate and can tell me it's not a potential danger, then I won't use it. Anything that redirects, has pop-ups to me is likely bad news... When I looked at the Google results, I would never use it... Did not post this back so as not to worry/offend the OP.

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:15 pm

Wiziwig now (due to a UK ruling I think) can only use streams that are run by betting companies i.e. bet365, bwin etc that run their own streaming. You have to have an account with them and a deposit of at least 1cent.
The other site which I use for all my football and other sports is FirstRow which is free, you don't need to register and offers excellent service; safe also as I've used it for a number of years now.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:21 pm

Just tried the site you recommended Flip. Could not get it to full screen and it had limited programs on it as well, even after clicking on the UK tab.
On setup, it says do you want the "ASK" toolbar, so unticked the boxes as did not.
It knocked my open firefox with all its tabs out, but that was no problem, or so I thought!!!
Uninstalled the program, plus the add-on, restarted comp and there was the "Ask" toolbar in Firefox!!
Have just now spent the time reverting things to my old settings.
Not your fault I know, but I hate programs which alter things when you do not ask for them.
The streaming was quite good though, on the little that I did watch.
Geotherm
Geotherm

Back to top Go down

Post by SirTK Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:54 am

Flip wrote:The other site which I use for all my football and other sports is FirstRow which is free, you don't need to register and offers excellent service; safe also as I've used it for a number of years now.

OK, I went to FirstRow and clicked on a programme. Which gave me a screen telling me to download an application in order to view. I did that and got something called Genieo which doesn't seem to do anything.

What did I do wrong?

SirTK
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:19 am

I doubt you did anything wrong, but the software you were trying to load likely had an optional extra tick box defaulted to tick! See THIS LINK for what I mean, although they describe it as a virus, they also explain it's not, just bloatware in my opinion.

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicino Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:16 pm

I think some of the problems (for freebie users) with these 'freebies' is that they are trying to make money. The same as some finder orgs do when sdearching for property, such as Zoopla, Rightmove and Prime location. Everytime you take things a step further they get their cut.

With software, there are SO MANY 'Download here' boxes, and quite often they are for other software products that are nothing to do with actual software that you are after !

There is on this very site a big green DOWNLOAD sign.

Most of the software is to my understanding of nuisance value only and can normally be found and deleted by running products such as CCleaner, or Malwarebytes, they are generically called mal, spam or pup ware. When you load some pages you can get specifically targeted advertising via these products and they then get their .0001 pence per hit !

V
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:10 pm

I found that I had firstrow installed, but do not know from whence it came. Have uninstalled it. Still used wiziwig, with no probs for the Test Series and the Belgian GP. Do not like sites that add programs without your knowledge, so always keep a check on everything.
Agree with Vicino, to use Malwarebytes and Ccleaner, both free and easy to use.
Geotherm
Geotherm

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:24 pm

Trouble is, if you get lots and lots of this, they start to conflict with each other and vie for resources and can bring the PC to a halt...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:55 pm

Just made a Malwarebytes full scan, as only normally run one every 2 weeks. First time in a number of years, it came up with 9 possible threats.

28/08/2013 15:18:18
mbam-log-2013-08-28 (15-18-18).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|F:\|G:\|H:\|)
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 544211
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 22 minute(s), 47 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 2
HKCU\SOFTWARE\SWEETIM (PUP.Optional.SweetIM.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\SWEETIM (PUP.Optional.SweetIM.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Detected: 2
HKCU\Software\SweetIM|simapp_id (PUP.Optional.SweetIM.A) -> Data: {FD5FD52D-08E5-11E3-8B8E-002522D8D8A5} -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKLM\Software\SweetIM|simapp_id (PUP.Optional.SweetIM.A) -> Data: {FD5FD52D-08E5-11E3-8B8E-002522D8D8A5} -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 5
C:\Program Files (x86)\FreeHDSport.TV\fraextsetup.exe (Adware.Packed.Ranver) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files (x86)\FreeHDSport.TV\freehdsporttvIE.exe (Adware.Packed.Ranver) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\JNW61SRG\mgsqlite3[1].7z (PUP.Optional.SweetIM) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
\AppData\Local\Temp\mgsqlite3.7z (PUP.Optional.SweetIM) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
\AppData\Local\Temp\mgsqlite3.dll (PUP.Optional.SweetIM) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

(end)

Started wiziwig again to see if that was the culprit and logged into a sports site. Ran the feed for a while and then closed the whole site down. Full Malwarebytes scan run again with no problems found.

28/08/2013 18:06:15
mbam-log-2013-08-28 (18-06-15).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|F:\|G:\|H:\|)
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 544138
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 17 minute(s), 37 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

(end)

Appears that the FreeHd sport is the culprit for the malware!!

If anyone wants to check their computer, then you can get the free version  of malwarebytes:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Last edited by Geotherm on Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link)
Geotherm
Geotherm

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:43 pm

Yep Malwarebytes is brill, but you really need to run more than one check, Avast, Comodo are but a few... You should also run these in "safe mode" (Google it if you don't know how) now and then as lots of bad boys hide themselves at boot up these days or reload....

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:58 pm

stevegwmonkseaton wrote:Yep Malwarebytes is brill, but you really need to run more than one check, Avast, Comodo are but a few... You should also run these in "safe mode" (Google it if you don't know how) now and then as lots of bad boys hide themselves at boot up these days or reload....

Yes, I do know Steve. I run boot checks on Avast and also caught a guy who had taken over my computer a few years ago, just by a few fast checks in files. Got him banned by his internet provider, so a good result at that time. I use Avast free.

This should be more under technical issues, then the Ashes series!!!
Geotherm
Geotherm

Back to top Go down

The Ashes series and other sports Empty technical issue...

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:54 pm

Geotherm wrote:
stevegwmonkseaton wrote:Yep Malwarebytes is brill, but you really need to run more than one check, Avast, Comodo are but a few... You should also run these in "safe mode" (Google it if you don't know how) now and then as lots of bad boys hide themselves at boot up these days or reload....
Yes, I do know Steve. I run boot checks on Avast and also caught a guy who had taken over my computer a few years ago, just by a few fast checks in files. Got him banned by his internet provider, so a good result at that time. I use Avast free.

This should be more under technical issues, then the Ashes series!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy  Yes, but they are both quite technical to me....

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by SirTK Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:39 pm

stevegwmonkseaton wrote:
Geotherm wrote:
Yes, I do know Steve. I run boot checks on Avast and also caught a guy who had taken over my computer a few years ago, just by a few fast checks in files. Got him banned by his internet provider, so a good result at that time. I use Avast free.This should be more under technical issues, then the Ashes series!!!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy  Yes, but they are both quite technical to me....
Unfortunately Malwarebytes doesn't work on Mac.

SirTK
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:26 pm

stevegwmonkseaton wrote:
Geotherm wrote:
Yes, I do know Steve. I run boot checks on Avast and also caught a guy who had taken over my computer a few years ago, just by a few fast checks in files. Got him banned by his internet provider, so a good result at that time. I use Avast free.This should be more under technical issues, then the Ashes series!!!

OMG!! 

I run AVG, Spybot, Ad-Aware and Malwarebytes and I thought I was safe.  Now I'm told I need to run not only Avast but also Comodo as well, but I need to do it in 'safe mode' Shocked

By the time I've logged on in the morning and run all my anti-virus/adware/malware etc checks (with or without 'safe mode') I'll just about have time to log out before I go to bed! Smile Smile
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:15 am

You are not alone, I feel exactly the same Rolling Eyes And the only Comodo I know is a dragon...Razz
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down