The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Information for anyone visiting Abruzzo

2 posters

Go down

Information for anyone visiting Abruzzo Empty Information for anyone visiting Abruzzo

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:19 am

Anyone visiting, this Link has basic information about a number of the larger towns in Abruzzo. There is also other information (hotels, restaurants etc), but I've not looked at the how good the detail is on these. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Information for anyone visiting Abruzzo Empty Re: Information for anyone visiting Abruzzo

Post by ghiro Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:32 pm

Thank you for this very helpful post.  We haven't been to Abruzzo yet but it's certainly on our bucket list.

It amused me a while back when Tesco, in their wine magazine, described their Montepulciano D'Abruzzo as coming from 'vines on the rolling hills surrounding the ancient Italian town of Abruzzo'! Very Happy
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Information for anyone visiting Abruzzo Empty It's not just Tesco...

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:28 pm

ghiro wrote:Thank you for this very helpful post.  We haven't been to Abruzzo yet but it's certainly on our bucket list.It amused me a while back when Tesco, in their wine magazine, described their Montepulciano D'Abruzzo as coming from 'vines on the rolling hills surrounding the ancient Italian town of Abruzzo'! Very Happy
... M&S had a Pecorino (yes a grape as well as cheese and a lovely wine too) from Loreto and described as nestled in the hills below the mountains of Abruzzo... Beautiful as it is and only a little way from us, it was a bit OT... Oh yes and at £10, more than just a little above what we pay here in Italy....

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Information for anyone visiting Abruzzo Empty Re: Information for anyone visiting Abruzzo

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down