The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV radio licence

4 posters

Go down

TV radio licence Empty TV radio licence

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:55 pm

The above crops up often about the need for a licence. From what I understand you need a licence if you have any device capable of playing TV or radio (Italy having a separate licence for this?). I also believe I read on the RAI site that this includes receiving foreign programs? My specific query would be about the car radio, we don't have a TV here and very rarely have ever switched on the car radio, but there is one in the car (it came with it). So do we need a licence and how on earth do they police this? We did get a card from RAI a few moths back in effect asking us why we did not have a TV licence, sent it back saying because we don't watch TV in Italy as it's rubbish... Well ok we left the last bit off, but i wanted to put it on!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Wink Wink

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

TV radio licence Empty Re: TV radio licence

Post by Admin Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:22 pm

Here you go - you're fine: Subscription fees are no longer due for secondary places of abode in conformity with Law 223 of August 1990 nor for motor vehicle and pleasure craft on-board radio sets, in compliance with Law 449 of December 27 1997.

You do need a licence though if you own a TV or radi even if you only receive foreign broadcasts.

It is only one licence regardless of how many sets you own and properties they are located in.

If you have a B&B or other property you have to get a special licence which is incredibly cheap!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:06 pm

That's a very comprehensive answer.  Respect! Smile  

We have a large satellite dish that's invisible from the road and only watch UK programmes on Freesat.  But we don't have an Italian license. Shocked Shocked 

If we end up in goal will some of you send us cakes with a file concealed inside (please)!
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

TV radio licence Empty Yes and no

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:25 pm

ghiro wrote:That's a very comprehensive answer.  Respect! Smile  We have a large satellite dish that's invisible from the road and only watch UK programmes on Freesat.  But we don't have an Italian license. Shocked Shocked If we end up in goal will some of you send us cakes with a file concealed inside (please)!
I agree, it's a great reply Laughing Laughing  No cakes and file, but might smuggle you a satellite dish!!Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Panner Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:48 pm

Where does one get the license?

Panner
Elder

Back to top Go down

TV radio licence Empty Ha!

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:42 pm

Panner wrote:Where does one get the license?
Think you need a form or bill, but the Poste...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down