The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nice New Neighbour

+3
JulianaAlice
stevegwmonkseaton
ghiro
7 posters

Go down

Nice New Neighbour Empty Nice New Neighbour

Post by ghiro Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:07 pm

According to La Nazione yesterday a certain George Clooney is in the process of buying a house near Pontremoli (in northern Tuscany).  Not that locals like JulianaAlice, Carciofo or I would be remotely interested!  Wink  Wink   Smile
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Nice New Neighbour Empty Re: Nice New Neighbour

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:21 pm

ghiro wrote:According to La Nazione yesterday a certain George Clooney is in the process of buying a house near Pontremoli (in northern Tuscany).  Not that locals like JulianaAlice, Carciofo or I would be remotely interested!  Wink  Wink   Smile

Snobs! Wonder if you will get an invite to the house warming... Bet a certain other resident there will be.... Perhaps that's where they are at, working on how to get in... Fraternising with the barbarian rabble would be the first thing to go. I do hope you lot do all shoot off...  Twisted Evil  Evil or Very Mad  Twisted Evil

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by JulianaAlice Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:06 pm

Gulp. Gosh. Wow.
Must go on a  diet.
I am in Bournemouth at the moment eating cod  thermidor - cancel desert.
Are you sure? Really, really sure?
JulianaAlice
JulianaAlice
Elder

http://www.familychest.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by modicasa Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:16 am

Dont get excited ladies, he'll be there with his masseur

modicasa
Elder

http://www.modicasa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:18 am

JulianaAlice wrote:Gulp. Gosh. Wow.Must go on a  diet.I am in Bournemouth at the moment eating cod  thermidor - cancel desert.Are you sure? Really, really sure?
Here's his house: http://www.lanazione.it/massa_carrara/curiosita/2014/03/25/1043845-George-Clooney-casa-Lunigiana.shtml
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:16 pm

Sorry to disappoint you guys... it's a "bufala"  Razz  Newspaper people could not find any interesing news, so they had to do some creative" writing...Clooney's purchase
By the way, about a couple of years ago, we didsee Clooney and a group of friends on their bikes going towards Villa Basilica... and we did not imagine that he was going to buy a place at Boveglio... or Benabbio... or Bagni di Lucca... (Locals will realize what I am talking about).  Laughing
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:59 pm

Tush Gala.  You're just jealous!  George C appreciates not just the history and the beauty of the countryside in Lunigiana but also the beauty of the local female British ex-pats.

He's buying here for sure!
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:52 pm

Ghiro, a few months ago he was allegedly buying a luxurious property in Marbella (Spain). I'm afraid he didn't, I f he buys something, where and when will be top secret. Very Happy
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Nice New Neighbour Empty george clooney's house buying...

Post by sebastiano Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:00 am

i wouldn't get too excited yet,last year he was supposed to be buying a villa here in the marche..that ended too...judging from what happened up near como where he had his other villa it wasn't much fun for locals,loads of papperazzi hanging around just to get a shot, or plying boats up and down the lake trying to get a glimpse inside the villa grounds,carabinieri closing roads all over the place every time he went out on his harley,not speaking to anyone who wasn't actually some kind of servant/necessary contact....all in all pretty grim...though i suppose could do something for real estate values if you were near enough ....
sebastiano
sebastiano
Elder

http://www.contradadurano.it

Back to top Go down

Post by Carciofo Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:24 am

I like this: http://blogs.transparent.com/italian/the-latest-gossip-famous-film-star-buys-house-in-local-town/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=languageblog&utm_content=italian

Carciofo
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down