The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your morning coffee (caffe)?

+5
Vicino
The Original Relaxed
LisaSard
stevegwmonkseaton
ghiro
9 posters

Go down

Your morning coffee (caffe)? Empty Your morning coffee (caffe)?

Post by ghiro Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:39 pm

Do you, like me, find it impossible to start the day without an invigorating shot of coffee or two (or three!)?  Question 

If so what do you do?

Undoubtedly ground coffee beans would seem to be the best option.  But it's so messy.  Sad 

Originally we bought a LavAzza 'Modo Mio' machine.  Delicious coffee!  But 2 problems.  The frothing wand to make cappuccino cost extra and then didn't work too well.  Also the pods are expensive (some €6.50 for 16) making each cup cost about €0.40 (32p).

Back in Blighty we bought a Delonghi machine (other similar machines are available! Smile ) and ESE 44m coffee pods.  For those who don't know these pods are individually wrapped packets of coffee that you put in your machine (like ground coffee) but, when used, you just take out and throw away (so none of the mess).  The ESE pods are much cheaper (Italian Dark Roast: £9.95 for 50 (20p/cup) or Cafe du Monde: £11.99 for 100 (12p/cup).  Also the wand makes brilliant frothy coffee.

So it will come as no surprise to you to learn that, at Casa Ghiro, we have a Delonghi coffee machine which makes delicious caffe (and cappuccino, macchiato etc) with the ESE pods that we bring out with us and at a popular price.

So what do you do for your morning coffee - or do you opt for Green Tea?  Shocked  Shocked
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Your morning coffee (caffe)? Empty Re: Your morning coffee (caffe)?

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:00 pm

LaVazza coffee in a Bialetti for 6. Full, we two drink the lot first thing, then no more unless when out now and then... Used to hate not having the crema, but hey in Italia!

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by LisaSard Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:36 pm

I have a husband and he has a Gaggia, no hassle, no mess ( well not for me anyhoo) and a delicious coffee in bed to start the day  Very Happy

LisaSard
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Original Relaxed Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:06 am

I go to the bar.  Very Happy  Coffee without politics and a scan of all the front pages of the newspapers is like decaff!
The Original Relaxed
The Original Relaxed
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicino Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:26 am

I have to agree with Original.................I'm a bar person, I TEND to drink tea (and beer, wine and whiskey at home - hic !) and drink my coffees at a variety of bars in the area. It is my old fashioned 'social media' experience, speaking with real people !

Laughing 

V
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:50 am

I'm in the Giro camp here. We have two machines (plus Mocca Pots) one that makes Percolated coffee and a DeLonghi espresso/cappuccino maker. The percolator comes on automatically first thing so the kitchen has a lovely fresh brewed coffee smell when I go down, and I'll have a Ristretto or two later in the morning.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:51 am

Love the bar coffee, it's now simply a treat when out and about. Fortunately I've learnt to live my life without politics, TV  and newspapers... Now then, where is that dam switch for this thing...  Smile

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by pas55 Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:16 am

Depends on my mood either Gaggia,Bialetti or my French Press
pas55
pas55
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:22 am

The bar for me. I like to be social and only drink tea at home.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Your morning coffee (caffe)? Empty morning coffee

Post by sebastiano Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:25 am

despite having a machine i prefer in the morning very early  to make a bialetti of coffee and drink three cups no sugar/milk/cream/froth...otherwise it doesn't "work" for me
sebastiano
sebastiano
Elder

http://www.contradadurano.it

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum