The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toxic waste

2 posters

Go down

Toxic waste Empty Toxic waste

Post by Admin Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:34 am

I came across this article on a long-running subject in Abruzzo. I can't believe it is still ongoing! I read a while ago that they had re-opened the drinking water plants in that valley. How on earth can they do that when nothing has been cleaned up. I also read (again ages ago) that they have to dredge the estuary at Pescara as the soil washed down is so toxic it was affecting the fish.

Here there have been a couple of fruit and veg shops open here which sell everything for €1. You have to wonder if the produce is from La Terra del Fuoco (southern toxic waste dumps run by the Mafia).

It's a huge scandal that doesn't seem to get as much attention as it should.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Toxic waste Empty Re: Toxic waste

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:35 am

Thanks Admin, we found out about this before we bought here in Abruzzo, but not long after buying I tried to find a number of articles on the subject for someone else looking to buy so they could check it out for themselves and decide which area they wanted to buy in, or not as the case may be. Strange thing was that I could no longer find ANYTHING on the subject! Being of a suspicious  (conspiracy theory) nature I did have a real good look for the links... A couple of things come to mind, one of which you mention, so I'm not too sure it's such safe topic to cover!  Certainly we heard the same about the port and why no ferries are using it as it was going to cost millions to dredge for that very reason. It does make you wonder about anywhere here in Italy (or other countries for that matter).

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down