The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing Toys

3 posters

Go down

Missing Toys Empty Missing Toys

Post by Angela Fuller Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:03 am

Has anyone experienced their pets (in my case dogs) toys going missing from their garden ?  The garden is fenced but we have in the past had porcupine get in, to eat the iris's and no doubt other small critters come and go....  The mystery is so many toys have gone missing, this week an 18" long rubber kong stick.....bright green and difficult to not see.  My dog does not dig and bury stuff either soI was just wondering if visiting animals take them away....has anyone else had this problem ?
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Missing Toys Empty Re: Missing Toys

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:49 am

I've never heard of such a thing, but it would not surprise me at all if a fox, polecat or whatever did not find your toys very attractive and it is Christmas after all and their kids need presents too! Smile

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:12 am

Curious about this I googled "will foxes take dog toys", this is one answer , search for "Can I stop the foxes stealing objects from my garden?" if you don't want to read it all... 

(Backside forward topic for me.....)

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:13 am

That's interesting Steve and explains all the disappearing toys....OH thought I was definately going mad when I suggested 'something' was taking the toys but as I only give her one toy at a time and at least 10 toys have gone awal....it was becoming an expensive business and not always easy to replace with robust ones she would not destroy....Here they only seem to cater for the small pooch !  From now on I will pick up THE toy early evening and hide on top of the wood pile or somewhere safe. Thx again.
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:44 am

Missing Toys F8fbab19ecfa2a9068ef332bd180a8e730696625495044e6b17961465343090c
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:08 am

But Flip, sticks have a habit of getting stuck in dogs throats, hurt their gums and do alot of stomach / intestinal injury....know which one I would prefer to throw for my dog to retrieve....and that's not the wooden sort....
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:58 am

Depends on your dogs Angela, I have been throwing sticks for my various dogs over the past 40 odd years and never once had a problem; it's not the stick it's the owner firstly choosing a suitable Stick and teaching ones Dog not to chew them.
Also It's meant to be a humorous retort...... Woooosh !!
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:16 am

One of  your more sensitive replies Flip.....and yes I have seen that picture posted many times before and do see the funny side, however I stick to what I said.....and having had to cough up many a £ in the past for vetinary fees.....due to stick injuries I will not encourage my dog or others to play with wooden sticks.......but I suppose it's free entertainment.....40 yrs ago Flip there was little choice re: dog toys and the like so a stick was your only choice...I prefer to move with the times and 'play safe'......
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down